Question for you guys who have covered and recorded songs.....

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
I just recorded a cover for Control Denied's Consumed and I was wondering, how do you guys get the drums so fucking perfect on your covers? Is there some kind of utility the extracts the drums from the song? Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

NP: Control Denied - Consumed

well, theres ways of doing it, but the sound is never going to be useable, it wont be clean enough...
just write the drum tracks from scratch, listening carefully to the original song and copying exactly what hear... well, thats what i do :) goodluck dude !

Hmmmmmm........I'm having trouble. I'm trying to create the drums for Control Denied's Consumed, I can't fucking get it right! I tried looking for a MIDI so I can extract the drum track, but I couldn't find shit. If someone wants, they can write me the drum track, heh. ?

NP: Control Denied - Consumed

it does take a long time to get it right :)
if you have a good sound program (like cool edit pro), you can slow down the song without changing the pitch, and then you can easily work out whats played...

yeah the only thing i can imagine is downloading a decent guitar pro tab of the song from www.mysongbook.com , then removing all tracks except for drums, then exporting to midi, then converting to wav etc.
but it sounds like you've already tried that..