question on the X

SXProgMetal

Jul 30, 2002
Visit site
anyone know what the X from symphony x is supposed to be ?
is it the roman numeral number 10 or is it just from the alphabet and that it sounds cool .
sorry if that was a stupid question hehe , just like to know :)

because the letter x is cool. i mean, look how many bands have the letter x in the name.

symphony x
eternity x
planet x
king's x
racer x
uhh...static-x

any others?

I think it has something to do with the fact that Beethoven wrote 9 symphonies...so Symphony X (as in the roman numeral ten) was chosen because the band sounds as powerful as a Beethoven symphony.

yeah , so many bands with the letter X , it does sound cool but it could be different for SX than others ...

skull punk , i liked what u said , it would be cool if that is what they really mean by it hehehe , did u hear that from somewhere ?

Jee... I've always made this question to myself!!! Hehheheh!!

Well... I thought that maybe the "X" could be the somethin' like the "X-Men" thingy, I don't really know... somethin' like "A Different way to make Symphony", or... "The Hidden Symphony", or even "The Lost Symphony", like if the "X" would represent somethin' unknown... I don't really know, though... heheheheh... maybe some of the band members or anyone who has contact with 'em could ask 'em about this... :)

Originally posted by SXProgMetal
anyone know what the X from symphony x is supposed to be ?
is it the roman numeral number 10 or is it just from the alphabet and that it sounds cool .
sorry if that was a stupid question hehe , just like to know :)

:( :mad:

YOU`VE STOLEN MY QUESTION! :bah:
BURN IN HELL! :devil:

THE X derives from Christmas because SX was founded on Christmas Eve! :loco:

Originally posted by SXProgMetal
skull punk , i liked what u said , it would be cool if that is what they really mean by it hehehe , did u hear that from somewhere ?

I did hear it somewhere long time ago, but I forget where now. It may have been on the old TEoF website when it was still at fortunecity or wherever.