New album: "The odyssey"!!!

Mexus

Jul 18, 2002
Cologne,Germoney
Visit site
Hi everybody!

Does anyone have precise information about the new album?There are rumours that SX have elaborated a sequel to "The accolade"!!! :eek:
By the way, what does Symphony X mean?
X=unknown
X=Roman Numeral for number 10
X= s.th. wrong or bad
X=???

:worship:

Let`s hope that the band starts a long European tour (after having released an excellent album,naturally!) :headbang:

metal ages just posted this news on the board i'll paste it here so you can read it

The new Symphony X CD will be called 'The Odyssey.' It contains nine brand new songs including the epic 18-minute title track, which features full-blown symphonic orchestrations by Romeo.

"The new CD will be much more focused and will be quite a bit heavier than a lot of our past work," Romeo said.

'The Odyssey' is tentatively scheduled for U.S. release in October 2002

about the name symphony x i don't know if it has an actual meaning but it would be cool though to now if it has one :D

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
The new Symphony X CD will be called 'The Odyssey.' It contains nine brand new songs including the epic 18-minute title track, which features full-blown symphonic orchestrations by Romeo.
WOW! This sounds awesome! :eek:

YEAH! Romeo said that fans of TDWOT would love the new album.
TDWOT was the first SX-album I listened to...and it was in this way I became addicted...:yow:
I know that there`s another thread with "FAV SX-albums",but what do you think about "The damnation game?"

personally i think it's a good album but it doesn't grabs me as other syx albums (fav songs from it Dressed To Kill, The Edge Of Forever and whispers)

"The news about it could not be more interesting."

I couldn't agree more. I can't fucking wait!!!

and if it leaks, I WON'T download :)

I have spoiled a few albums by downloading them before the actual release.

Originally posted by Dryad of the Woods

and if it leaks, I WON'T download :)

I have spoiled a few albums by downloading them before the actual release.
Yeah, I have spiled a few releases that way also..
But I will not do it with this one!

I agree I wont DL this one early, thank god I dled 6DoiT by DT early though, i didnt like it all, yet i still found myself buying it out of pitty heheh :Smokedev: The same goes for the new Opeth, I shall not DL! hehe

Yeah, I'm not going to download it either. I did that with SDOIT and Remedy Lane (Pain of Salvation) although I only did it for those two because I wanted to know the albums well before I saw them in concert.

I think 'The Odyssey' will be absolutely awesome and it seems to be a sequel to The Accolade to me.

Originally posted by metropolis2k X
I think 'The Odyssey' will be absolutely awesome and it seems to be a sequel to The Accolade to me.
Yeah! There will Be Accolade 2 :hotjump: ... hmm ok Ive repeated this like 4 times in the forum :lol: :p ... Anyways yeah I think that CD will ROCK! :headbang:

If my memory doesn`t play tricks on me, LePond once pointed out that the band is very likely to fill the new album with 70 minutes or more!!! :hotjump:
The long title track and the CD duration might be omens for an album very much influenced by TDWOT...along with "The Accolade Part II". And I`m still waiting for more news...
:wave:

This new album will rule and it's extra heaviness is another plus too. I havent been disappointed by their previous 4 albums [I haven't got round to buying their first 2- Symphony X and The Damnation game yet....lack of cash] so I know I will love this one. LONG LIVE THE GODS!