Question to Oyvind

claudio.junior

New Metal Member
Sep 20, 2005
Brazil
:OMG: Wow!
Was really you, Oyvind, who played that keyboard part on Cloud Constructor?
Did you played all the keyboards on ASU?
If so, great work, that's one of the most interesting parts on the cd.
Thanks for the attention

Claudio.

Hi Asgeir, about Oyvind "playing" with one finger, you mean that the keyboards are all created by a kind of an computer program? Or did he really played with one finger? Is he that fast?
Thanks for the answer.

explain us please!!!!:D

Thanks for the answer Oyvind. Keep Up the best work.
Here in brazil we are all waiting for the new cd.
A lot of fans around here.:wave:
Take care.

Claudio.

Ahhh the end of Cloud Constructor... One of my alltime favorite instrumental's. When I first heard it I was beside myself, Good Job!
I have recently learned the drums for the entire song and I am now working on the guitar, that last part is a tough one to crack... its just so fast. I sat down for an hour and only came out with like 20 notes, arrrghhh. The keyboard is quite amazing! It puts it over the top!

oyvind ...whats up?
hey at first time i hear spiral architect i dindt quite like the voice, but after hearing the album for lots and lots of time ,the voice is perfect, now i like your voice is pretty cool ...i really like your singing in my personal favorite cloud constructor ,by the ways the lirycs are incredible that song for me is like painting with music...oyvind its is true that you invented the last parte of cloud constructor''being nothingness shuffled''?
are you a bass player ??

iAn ying yang said:
oyvind ...whats up?
What's up, iAn ying yang?
iAn ying yang said:
hey at first time i hear spiral architect i dindt quite like the voice, but after hearing the album for lots and lots of time ,the voice is perfect, now i like your voice is pretty cool ...i really like your singing in my personal favorite cloud constructor ,by the ways the lirycs are incredible that song for me is like painting with music..
Thanks! Cloud Constructor was the first song I did when I first started out in Spiral Architect. I was listening to the band playing and this song really got my attention. I instantly had the melody in my head, I just had to sing on it. I grabbed the microphone and started jamming. On the album the lyrics are of course changed but the melody line is -with a few exeptions still the same.
iAn ying yang said:
oyvind its is true that you invented the last parte of cloud constructor''being nothingness shuffled''?
Correct.

iAn ying yang said:
are you a bass player ??
I'm a musician, first of all. I've been a singer and a gitarist since I was 16, and I been hooked on bass since 1995.

wow

oyvind...
you must be a hek of a bass player , that part is hard to play...im a bass player and i cant figure it out the last part of cloud constructor your part...

its must be a chromatic stuff but the timing is very hard... did you recorded that bass line??
maybe when i get older i could play that part i just 17 ,only have 3 years of playing bass , i think i should practice more the chromatic stuff...

well
cloud constructor its a great song,the style is unique ,your voice is perfect for that song,i relly like your voice ,i wish i could sing and play at the same time,but i cant... hey oyvind can i send you a copy of my band CD?
take care god bless

Occam's Razor said:
I have transcribed that sequence. The problem is, that it is very long, consisting of relatively few notes and without repetitive patterns.

I hate it when bands do that....Yet I do that too sometimes :p. Makes the section better. Just a little bit harder to remember.

iAn ying yang said:
i have the harmonics bass parts tabbed, it needs a little work just some harmonics that i cant figure it out witsh notes are...occama`s razor can you send me that transcribed part you have?? please

You're gonna have to tune your strings a bit differently...