Question

Depends, sometimes it can be false. Its because the writer of a song gets paid through a publisher aswell as the record company. So some bands will credit the writing to the whole band so they all get equal amounts. The vocalist from Elbow writes all the lyrics and he gets 50% for it from the published. The other 4 members have to shate 50% between each other.

In Eviles case they are all credited to writing the songs apart from Hundred Wrathful Deities, which is credited to Matt and Ol. Evile will just be truthful and fair about the writing though, and that is usually the case with metal.

Bingo, never thought of this for my assignment, gonna go add this point in.

every song varies as to who wrote what, theres no formula with us...

might have a go at putting together a list actually of who was responsible for what.....

when it comes to royalties etc we just put it all down as equal share, that we all wrote 25%, which is completely false because we didn't, but we do it as an equal share because it's easier, stops stress and ego becoming an issue, and we're a "band".

there is the point though that the person who writes most and puts most work in does deserve to get more money than the person who writes fuck all, thats a very fair point, but we've made the decision that it's all for the band and no one is more important than anyone else, i would hate this band to end up as one of those bands where only 1 member is important, i want this band to be the kind where you know all the members equally, and the behind the scenes stuff like sharing royalties equally etc contributes to that, not that you see that of course.

might have a go at putting together a list actually of who was responsible for what.....

when it comes to royalties etc we just put it all down as equal share, that we all wrote 25%, which is completely false because we didn't, but we do it as an equal share because it's easier, stops stress and ego becoming an issue, and we're a "band".

there is the point though that the person who writes most and puts most work in does deserve to get more money than the person who writes fuck all, thats a very fair point, but we've made the decision that it's all for the band and no one is more important than anyone else, i would hate this band to end up as one of those bands where only 1 member is important, i want this band to be the kind where you know all the members equally, and the behind the scenes stuff like sharing royalties equally etc contributes to that, not that you see that of course.

Dont mind if i could quote you here and there for some work do you? This thread is exactly what ive needed. Prime example.

Quotes like this are why this band is gonna go far,

Even though initially one person may write a song it ALWAYS ends up as a 4 way (oh my)

We'd never say "this is what you ARE playing" - we'd jam what is written, and then just throw suggestions in, say what's shit, what's good, what could be better etc. Some songs, like "We Who Are About to Die" was born from me just playing one riff in rehearsal, and we all started jamming along, and worked out structures etc.

Even though initially one person may write a song it ALWAYS ends up as a 4 way (oh my)

We'd never say "this is what you ARE playing" - we'd jam what is written, and then just throw suggestions in, say what's shit, what's good, what could be better etc. Some songs, like "We Who Are About to Die" was born from me just playing one riff in rehearsal, and we all started jamming along, and worked out structures etc.

lies! we do sometimes do it that way, we used to, especially on ETG, but on IN we didn't have the luxury of always jamming so IN was mostly written by ol and me at home, if ol had written a part that really worked then it is a case of "play it like it's written there" there were always suggestions on how to do it differently from me, sometimes my suggestions worked better, sometimes they didnt. most of album 2 was written that way with ol playing his stuff off against me and me reacting to it, could it be changed for the better, maybe we could add this little riff here that i've got, maybe its perfect as it is, or i would play something to ol that i have, and he would process it throught his super computer music brain and figure out something great to do with it. But ol was coming up with most of the goods on this one, riff wise. Lyrics wise that was all me this time, no one else contributed, because i asked if it could be that way lol. mike was involved with writing a fair bit too actually, then it was given to ben and mike to learn, they would go away and learn it and if anything came to mind they would bring bits to it, mike did that quite a lot, he brought bits that had come to him while learning it that really worked, ben added fills and stuff whilst actually recording it. Same with vocals, they were changed a lot whilst recording because we found parts we thought would work but didn't so we changed them on the spot.

lies! we do sometimes do it that way, we used to, especially on ETG, but on IN we didn't have the luxury of always jamming so IN was mostly written by ol and me at home, if ol had written a part that really worked then it is a case of "play it like it's written there" there were always suggestions on how to do it differently from me, sometimes my suggestions worked better, sometimes they didnt. most of album 2 was written that way with ol playing his stuff off against me and me reacting to it, could it be changed for the better, maybe we could add this little riff here that i've got, maybe its perfect as it is, or i would play something to ol that i have, and he would process it throught his super computer music brain and figure out something great to do with it. But ol was coming up with most of the goods on this one, riff wise. Lyrics wise that was all me this time, no one else contributed, because i asked if it could be that way lol. mike was involved with writing a fair bit too actually, then it was given to ben and mike to learn, they would go away and learn it and if anything came to mind they would bring bits to it, mike did that quite a lot, he brought bits that had come to him while learning it that really worked, ben added fills and stuff whilst actually recording it. Same with vocals, they were changed a lot whilst recording because we found parts we thought would work but didn't so we changed them on the spot.

This is what I love about this band, everybody mucks in, 2 members take the time to speak with the fans here in this forum, thinks of us when doing nice things

Gwad this hurts so much, Dave will you bitchslap Matt and tell him when using names to frickin use the caps on the 1st letter of the name and always create a new paragraph when using a new sentence.

:lol::lol::lol:

haha thanks... now we know the way :D
I think it was excellent that change in the vocals on Now demolition's pre-chorus :headbang:

even share thru a band, no matter who writes the intial riffs, is a must surely because all personnel have an input, just my thoughts:erk: