Questions abput Anthrax

Darkwire

New Metal Member
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
Hi, after hearing the music and the story of Anthrax on VH1's Behind the music i figured id check out this band. I now am hooked, I bought return of the killer A's and i ma having 5 cd's shipped to my door in a matter of days. But i have some questions about anthrax. How many people play guitar...i know scot ian does but when i listen i can hear at least two guitars goin sometimes. Does the band as a whole write the music or is it just a few seperate people? Also how many different people have been in Anthrax? Thanx for any info!

I'm glad you have been infected.:D

There are 2 guitar players:
Scott Ian
Rob Coggiano

Past guitarists:
Danny Spitz
Paul Crook (though on the last 2 albums, it was hard to tell that he was there because the only photos you see are of Charlie, John, Scott, and Frank, and no photos of Paul.)
Charlie has played guitar on a few tracks.
Dimebag Darrel (from Pantera) has also done some guitar on Stomp 442 and Vol. 8.

Rob is very new to the band. You'll hear his guitar work on their next album.

Usually Charlie writes the music, but for the new album I believe everyone participated.

Anthrax has had 3 different singers, but as far as the "How many different people have been in Anthrax?", I'll let someone else answer that...

Hi darkwire, I don't own Return of the killer B's but I know that there were two guitarists before the Stomp 442 album was released.The two guitarists were Scott Ian and Dan Spitz.There have been quite a few different people involved in Anthrax.Neil Turbin, their first vocalist later sacked for some other guy who lasted about three weeks and then they got Joey Belladonna in. Then with the release of Sound of white noise they got Armoured Saint singer in John Bush. They still have John Bush today. In the beginning they also had a different bass player: Dan Lilker. Now tjhey have Scott Ian. For a while Anthrax also had the services of Paul Crook for guitar leads on Vol.8 and Stomp 442. So there you go, I can't believe that your already gonna buy 5 Anthrax albums. Where did you order them from??

Hi darkwire, I don't own Return of the killer B's but I know that there were two guitarists before the Stomp 442 album was released. The two guitarists were Scott Ian and Dan Spitz. There have been quite a few different people involved in Anthrax.Neil Turbin, their first vocalist later sacked for some other guy who lasted about three weeks and then they got Joey Belladonna in. Then with the release of Sound of white noise they got Armoured Saint singer in John Bush. They still have John Bush today. In the beginning they also had a different bass player: Dan Lilker. Now tjhey have Scott Ian. For a while Anthrax also had the services of Paul Crook for guitar leads on Vol.8 and Stomp 442. So there you go, I can't believe that your already gonna buy 5 Anthrax albums. Where did you order them from??

So Scott plays bass? i always thought he played good ol electric guitar..not bass. Yea I got Attack of the killer A's and then (yesterday) I ordered Fistfull of Metal, State of Euphoria, Stomp 442, Spreading the Disease, and Sound of white noise from Amazon.com. And if u have anymore info about the band that i can cram into my head that would be great. Thanx again!

I really think Scott Ian Plays electric guitar, I'm pretty damned sure actually. He plays with only 4 or 5 strings though now, because he deosn'n't do leads.

Originally posted by ThRaXbRaT
Scott plays rhythm(?sp) guitar, Frank Bello plays bass.

According to the SOWN liner notes, Scott Ian also plays bass. Maybe he played some lines instead of Frankie, I dunno, but there it is written.