Questions For Saxon

saxon747

Moderator/Webmaster
Sep 9, 2002
www.saxon747.com
An idea has been to hold some kind of web only interview with Saxon, so what I think I can do here is get you lot to reply here with questions you want to ask them.

So - go on, what burning question has been bugging you for 25 years that you need to ask the band?

I'll close the date for this to be 30th November - after which I will submit all the questions to the band and publish their replies!

I'll kick it off with:

Do you think you will ever play Frozen Rainbow again?

Question about DVD: what am i going to see on dvd? Interviews? Backstage?!

NEED INFO ABOUT DVD!!! :loco:

Ive a couple :
1. Have any of Saxon seen Moz Morris since he got "married"? ;-)
2. Any chance of The eagle has landed (original) being re-released in a more complete form,ie 2 Cd. Supposedly it was meant to be a double lp release originally.?

I have a three:

1. Are there any plans to publish a "Definitive History" or other kind of retrospective about Saxon? It's a colorful history, and would suit a book or DVD type treatment! This does not mean I'm not excited about the upcoming live DVD.

2. This could be included in my previous question, but what happened with Pete Gill leaving Saxon? Did he leave with other plans in mind (like joining Motorhead) or was he just ready to leave?

3. Was Graham Oliver really sacked because he gave permission to release a Saxon live album without the band's consent? I don't know where I read that, but it sounds like I have it wrong.

Please come back to the States (Chicago, IL)

Heres mine.

1. Is there any chance of one of you guys doing a tour diary and getting it posted on the web-site?

2. What has ben the biggest selling Saxon album in the last ten years?

3. Does it ever piss you off when you come back home and end up playing to small crowds in the UK?

4. What are YOUR favorite Saxon albums?

5. Who make the best tea in the band?

and one for Nibbs.
6. How on earth do you manage to headbang like you do and still play, without falling flat on yer arse?

one for Biff

remember that pic in Kerrang years ago of some woman(maybe your wife?)washing your car with her arm in a sling while i quote"Biff stood watching sipping a cup of Rosie":lol:

Think it was in view from the bar when Kerrang was a metal mag......

What is your favourite country/city/venue to play a gig at?

Who are the craziest fans?

What is your favourite show that you have performed at yourselves?

What is your favourite show that you have been to (watching someone else play)?

Why did Paul Johnson leave Saxon?

A lot of your more recent songs have a military theme (eg 'Thin Red Line' is about Rourke's Drift & 'Killing Ground' about Waterloo). Is this an area you're interested in or have researched? Or do you just watch lots of war films (and if so what's your favourite)?

Plus, a lot of your lyrics paint some very vivid pictures. What inspires your song writing?

my question is,,,, when things statrded rolling for you and you released alot of singles,,,, why did you never relaeas singles with different songs on the B sides..ie. not taken from the Album,,,, it was very dificult spend hard earned pocket money on songs we already had on the albums... bands like iron Maiden,, released lots of EP, etc,,, and it was value for money1.... do you think you would have a lot more success in the single charts if you did put different songs on the 'B' side,,, especially during the mid to late 80's?

1) Is it true that Paul Quinn played most, if not all of the guitars on Dogs Of War album?If so,why did Graham get credit on the cd? 2) What did Doug Scarratt do musically before Nigel hooked him up with Saxon?Are there any recordings available?Any truth that he did session work for David Hasselhoff? 3) How about Nibbs,what other bands did he record with before Saxon?
4) Is Saxon currently writing any material for a new studio album? 5) How about a competition to get to go on tour with Saxon,like being a roadie or something?

My questions:

1)Will you write a concept album?

2)Will you consider the idea of a new live album after the next studio album containing all unreleased live songs from the great Unleash The Beast album till the last one(sort of Eagle has landed 3)

3)Will you use Paul Gregory also for the next releases making of his art a trademark for your new albums(both HMT and Crusader artworks are fantastic)?

4)Would you accept to let the ex-members to share the stage with you just for one special show allowing them to play the parts they wrote or played in some old songs in the past.Which ex-members?

5)When do you think the new album will be released(before the end of the 2003)?

6)Is there a chance to have a DVD with all the videos ever released from Saxon including Unleash The Beast,Dogs Of War and unreleased live footage from the various tours considering you played many times in festivals filmed for the local televisions ?

PS: Tell them we can't wait for a new album and the DVD

STAY HEAVY

1 more question plz!;

Can't you release a dvd with all official music videos from the beginning...like a trilogy or something.

Have the band played Militia Guard Live at all? if so, when was the last time and will we ever see a comeback of it? (Like Backs to the Wall) Reason for asking is purely because of Quinnys solo at the end, thats the reason I got into the band all those years ago, would love to see him recreate it live.

(Oh and as a reply myself to Saxonfan, if you look hard enough on the DOW credits you will see that Graham thanks someone for the use of a certain guitar that was used on Walking thru tokyo. At least that was one song he did on it)

Hi there are a few questions I would like to ask Saxon:

1) how many records did Saxon sold worlwide?

2) which is Saxon best selling album and how many copies did it sold?

3) Is it correct to think that Saxon recent releases sell an average of 150-200,000 copies worldwide?

4) is there any chanche to release a full video of the first tours like Denim and Leather one or at least some live cds of that era?

Thanks

Matteo

1) WAS THE SECOND PERFORMANCE AT MONSTERS OF ROCK EVER RECORDED,IF YES WILL IT EVER BE RELEASED, IF NO WHAT THE SET LIST I HAVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE IT WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST DONNINGTON PERFORMENES EVER?

2) WHICH ALBUM DO YOULIKE LEAST.

3)WHAT WAS THE GEATEST MOMENT IN ALL THE YEARS?