Questions

I'd say buy tickets as soon as possible. Although you can buy tickets afterwards on the secondary market, you could pay higher prices, or end up with the stress of having to find the dude to pick up your ticket from at PP if you bought it too close to the show date.

As far as reserving a room, yeah, do it now, but if there isn't anything you like available, try again after the show sells out or is close to selling out. There are probably 1500 people trying to reserve rooms, and by April or May, that's going to be cut in half between people not going and people consolidating.

Air travel is more convenient, but if money is an issue there's always Greyhound if you are less than a day's travel from Atlanta. Although I wouldn't advise it if the trip would be more than 24 hours.

A final thought, (from me anyway) please use Beano AND Deodorant. The Hygeine police will be in full force...... :D

J-Dubya - One day, we will catch the "Stinker"

If you are going book your rooms now. I would try to bring $500.00 and that should take care of car rental, food, merch. I stayed last year at the Motel 8, the prices are good for the actual time you are in the room. And it is in walking distance about 10 walk. The good thing is that after you purchase the tickets and plane fare you have some more time to save up.

Air travel is more convenient, but if money is an issue there's always Greyhound if you are less than a day's travel from Atlanta. Although I wouldn't advise it if the trip would be more than 24 hours.

Also, for those who live northeast or southwest of Atlanta, Amtrak might be an option. Amtrak's Crescent runs from NYC through Atlanta and south to New Orleans. Prices can be pretty good, and the train station in Atlanta is just across the freeway bridge from Earthlink Live, not too far of a walk or a cheap cab ride. www.amtrak.com

Car rental? You can easily get to all the important places by MARTA. I would put that in the class of major luxuries. Definitely not necessary if money is an issue.

Car rental? You can easily get to all the important places by MARTA. I would put that in the class of major luxuries. Definitely not necessary if money is an issue.

Meh.

MARTA is a decent system and its primary boon to tourists is its easy connection at the airport. Travelers from cities with 'real' train systems, like NYC and Chicago, typically find MARTA to be comparatively limited in its rail coverage. Basically, it's just a large cross, with large gaps and lots of places trains don't go near. Even the Buckhead MARTA station is a hefty walk from most of Buckhead's active nighttime clubs. And, of course, they kindly shut the system down before the bars close, so it's of no use whatsoever to anyone who wants to stay out past 1am.

Basically, Atlanta can continue to dream of being a 'real' city...until they finally open up MARTA 24 hours and put in some commuter rail.