Questions

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Well, actually just one really, really long multi-part question.

What is your...

Favourite band at the moment?

Favourite song at the moment?

Favourite album at the moment?

Favourite non-metal song that's in the charts at the moment, that you probably shouldn't admit to liking for fear of ruining your image as a MMMMMMMMMMETAL fan? (don't be shy, we're all family here)

Preferred concert - seeing Iron Maiden play a three hour set live, but just do material you've probably already heard countless times on various live albums, or seeing Iron Maiden play a 1.5 hour set live, but just do material that they've never played live before?

That's all the questions I can think of at the moment, so reply. Now.

Hmmmm tricky ones, as not having access to cd's and stereo equipment means I no longer listen to regular music. But I will aim to answer these interesting and unique questions. :D

1. Trying to think of the cd's I've been listening to most on our regular drives to Indooroopilly and I think it would be a tie between Robbie Williams and System of a Down, with perhaps some competition from Dire Straits.

2. Extra tricky. Super Straight by Regurgitator, and as it's showing on chanel V at the moment I'll say Chop Suey by SOD. Other wise its Kids by Robbie.

3. Weezer - Weezer. Sing When Your Winning - Robbie Williams. Toxicity - SOD.

4. I'm in Australia and thus cannot listen to the radio, so I have no idea whats in the charts here or at home.

5. Good question. Depends on the other stuff they might play in this amazing, never going to happen scenario. If your talking a set comprising the likes of "Sun and Steel", "The Angel and the Gambler" and "Quest for Fire" then . . .no, thankyou. I think a 3 hour Maiden fest of everything they do best, with them actually putting a bit of life into it, would be a dream for most fans.

I like quizes, more please!!! :loco:

Fav Band: Rollins Band

Fav Song: F**k Authority - Pennywise

Fav Album: Nice - Rollins Band

Fav Non-metal- Either, Runaway Train - Kasey Chambers or The Space Between Us - Dave Matthews Band

I can't think of a concert at the moment.

Favourite band at the moment: Soilwork

Favourite song at the moment: TestamenT : The Legacy

Favourite album at the moment: Soilwork - chainheart machine or best of TestamenT

Favourite non-metal song: Because I got High - Afro man

Preferred concert - Seeing Iron maiden...even if they play like the most obvious maiden set i wouldn't care

Well, today........

Favourite band - Dream Theater, Death or Opeth

Favourite song: Opeth - April Ethereal

Favourite album: Death - Symbolic, or Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Non-metal song: well I've got absolutely no idea what's in the charts, so I'll just have to pick an oldie and say Dreamworld by Midnight Oil

Maiden show: never seen em before, so bring on a greatest hits show

No doubt all of these will change by the weekend..... :)

This'll be different!!! :)

Favourite band: Darkane (at the moment -- I have no favourite band)

Favourite song: Darkane's 'Third' (at the moment)

Favourite album: Darkane's 'Insanity' (at the moment)

Favourite non-metal song: Darth Vader's Theme (at the moment)

Preferred concert: Pink Floyd (I haven't seen ANYTHING that's topped it)

Dar yer go! :)

Originally posted by dreamwatch

4. I'm in Australia and thus cannot listen to the radio, so I have no idea whats in the charts here or at home.

Umm...we do have radios down here you know. Even radio stations. AND as an added bonus electricity to make them all work. Unless you're in some part of the country that only gets John Laws, in which case you are correct.

Oh, and to answer the questions:

Fave Band: Well, Maiden as I think I pointed out in another thread, but my Iced Earth CDs are getting a battering at the moment.

Fave Song (most listened to ATM): Dracula

Fave Album: Horror Show

Fave Non-Metal: Does it have to be in the charts? If so the only song that doesn't make me change the channel ('cause I only see the ass end of rage to know what's in the charts) is that "Starlight" song, with that Potato Head guy and the Mouse.

and the 3 hour show would do it for me any time :)

What is your...

Favourite band at the moment? SLAYER!

Favourite song at the moment? Exile by SLAYER!

Favourite album at the moment? God Hates Us All by Slayer

Favourite non-metal song that's in the charts at the moment? Erm, im not sure I know any actually, I dont listen to the radio so I dont know whats in the charts..........

Preferred concert? 3 hours of all the best!

Originally posted by phlogiston

Umm...we do have radios down here you know. Even radio stations. AND as an added bonus electricity to make them all work. Unless you're in some part of the country that only gets John Laws, in which case you are correct.

Yeah, but the radio stations are shite ;)

Fave Band Of The Mo' - Gamma Ray, hands down.

Song - Hate To Love Me by W.A.S.P, or maybe Let It Roar - both off the UnHoly Terror album.

Album - Toss up between No World Order (Gamma Ray's newie) and bootleg Black Sabbath live album 'Black Bloody Black' from the Dehumanizer tour with Ronnie Dio on vocals. Great quality!!

Fave 'other' song - Bob The Builder! Can He Fix It?!

Preferred concert - probably other material for an hour and a half. Love to hear Alexander The Great live....

Spawny - I knew your answers before you had even replied. Gotta love that album, though. Magnificent....

Originally posted by Joe Salami
Spawny - I knew your answers before you had even replied. Gotta love that album, though. Magnificent....

:D I know, its a toss up between seasons and god hates us all for my favourite slayer cd, ill have to wait a while though and see, but Ive been listening to it every day since I got it and im not bored of it yet :D

Mesa likey these sorts of threads. More please!

Band: KISS (you don't honestly expect me to type anything else do you?)

Song: Queensryche- Either "The Lady Wore Black" or "I Don't Believe In Love." (Can relate both of these to personal experience, y'see :cry:.)

Album: The Ryche again, this time with "Greatest Hits." (Not really an album, but whaddyagonnado?)

Concert: KISS with Ace Frehley and Eric Carr (RIP) performing The Elder live in its entirety. Or for something more plausible, howsabout Black Sabbath doing the whole set from the 94 Cross Purposes tour, with Tony Martin in better voice than he was at the time?

Non-metal song: Tori Amos- '97 Bonnie and Clyde

W

Originally posted by Mark

Yeah, but the radio stations are shite ;)

Ah but have you heard English radio? With the exception of Five Live (the station, not a boy bad live in concert!), it's complete and utter crap.....and that doesn't even play music. *Rob hears Radio One and runs gagging to the toilet*

And you should come down here to Melbourne where we have decent radio stations...... :)

Most probably Nevermore. I still can't stop listening to Dead Heart.
Although, thanks to Spawn, I'm really getting into the new Slayer

Oddly, although I'm listening to quite heavy stuff in Slayer and Nevermore, my favourite song right now would be Landslide by Slash's Snakepit. Or maybe Peruvian Skies by Dream Theater

God Hates Us All - Slayer
Dead Heart In A Dead World - Nevermore
Rapture - Dragonlord

Favourite non-metal song that's in the charts at the moment,(don't be shy, we're all family here)

I seriously don't know. My sister has bought a few singles lately which I presume are in the charts - and they don't suck. But I have no idea what they are.

Preferred concert
3 hours of Maiden, no matter the set list.
2 reasons
although I may have heard Run To The Hills a million times, I've never ever seen Maiden play live so the song would still be 'new' to me.
There is usually a very good reasons why certain songs are played at concerts over others - they are better.

Originally posted by Winmar

Ah but have you heard English radio? With the exception of Five Live (the station, not a boy bad live in concert!), it's complete and utter crap.....and that doesn't even play music. *Rob hears Radio One and runs gagging to the toilet*

And you should come down here to Melbourne where we have decent radio stations...... :)

(This is Bev btw ;))

You have to know when and where to listen to English shows. Radio 1 is chart stuff from morning until early evening, but after that the actual programming kicks in. It might not be metal but they do play good stuff. My personal faves are Virgin FM and XFM, :)

Actually I might start listening to Virgin online, a taste of home. :cool:

Dream Theater, for sure.

Anything off Images and Words

Dream Theater - Images and Words

Favourite non-metal song that's in the charts at the moment,(don't be shy, we're all family here)
I'm not 100% sure if it's in the charts, but I love How You Remind Me by Nickelback.

Preferred concert
3 hours of Maiden, no matter the set list. Having never seen them live before, this would kick ass.