Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

For the Next in Line solo.
Doesn't Alexi use that as an example for his instructioanl dvd?
If it was Roope's i don't think Alexi would use it without mentioning it was Roope who played it on the album.

NIL has 3 solos, I'm referring to the 2nd guitar solo (3:40-3:50). The first one (3:30-3:40) is definitely Alexi.

@Delanoir: K-man said the solos are slightly panned, not like you won't hear it if you take one earphone out. You still hear them pretty clear, I don't think it really helps, I think their style of playing is better to tell which one is Alexi's and which Roope's.

Oh, well of course. The style really is the best way, like you said.

I was just trying to offer some ways to help.

Alexi said he cannot remember, but was suspicious that Roope wrote both of the Banned from Heaven solos. Alexi obviously plays the first one live, and it's different than on the album.

Hi!! I'm new here, and I was looking for a place to ask this, but I just thought that here suits well, sorry if it don't.
My question is:
Do you know if the stuff from COBHW can be bought in any real shop in Finland or anywhere? Or they just sell it online?
I'm going to visit Finland soon so I guess if I could buy some COB official merchandise there. :)
Thank you and nice to meet you!

Alexi said he cannot remember, but was suspicious that Roope wrote both of the Banned from Heaven solos. Alexi obviously plays the first one live, and it's different than on the album.

Well, it doesn't sound typically Alexiish, but I don't see how he wouldn't remember who played it, because I guess that the one who writes the solo will be the one who plays it. And also, seeing as he plays the second, I don't understand why he wouldn't play the first one too if he wrote it.

Well, it doesn't sound typically Alexiish, but I don't see how he wouldn't remember who played it, because I guess that the one who writes the solo will be the one who plays it. And also, seeing as he plays the second, I don't understand why he wouldn't play the first one too if he wrote it.

The point is that Roope wrote those two, or so Alexi remembers. Alexi plays the first solo live and it's a completely(?) different solo. And if they are both written by Roope, I guess Alexi would just want them to share the solos on a live performance. I also think it's strange he doesn't remember. But so far no-one can offer a solid answer I guess.

I guess, my only point is that, in case Roope had written both solos, I don't see the point on Alexi playing the first one neither live nor in the studio. It's not like he doesn't have enough solos all over a gig or an album.

Well, it can be perfectly true, because Alexi tends to change the solos many times. Still, we can only make assumptions until Alexi or Roope tell about it one day, which I hope some day happens.

^ I was a bit confused about NIL... Do with have different versions of this song? Mine has a keyboard and a guitar solo. The two little bridge parts in the song aren't solos ;) And Alexi plays the solo in this song.

Well, to me from 3:30 to 3:40 looks like one solo and from 3:40 to 3:50 another one. And the first part does sound like Alexi but the tapping on the second bit sounds extremely like Roope.

Alexi side projects? I didn't find a thread on this so I'll stick this here. :D

In 2006 Alexi plays guitar on Finnish Christmas (Yule) album Raskaampaa Joulua.

http://www.metalfromfinland.com/Raskaampaa+Joulua
http://www.myspace.com/raskasjoulu

This is a project by J.Ahola, Marco Hietala (Nightwish/Tarot), Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica), J-P Leppäluoto, Antony Parviainen (Machine Men), Ville Tuomi and Erkka Korhonen, Tero Kostermaa, Vili Ollila, Anssi Nykänen, Lauri Porra, Aleksi Parviainen, Anssi Växby, Peter Lerche, Esa Kotilainen and Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom).

Really? :lol:

Those aren't solos and plz... it's a simple tap after a string bend. How can you say that it sounds EXTREMELY like Roope after one fucking tap?!?
I think he's talking about the tapping at 3:45, not the string bend and tap that ends alexi's solo

Oh, ok. But it's definitely Alexi playing. I know that someone came up with this that Roope is playing this solo when AYDY was released but that's not true.

And Alexi is playing this solo on this instructional DVD...

Why is the blood coloured blue on the promo video of "Everytime i die"?

Is it just because they have to censored it to send it on mtv and so on? :)

EDIT: Found out the answer, think it was that.

The video i was talking about is the one that i have taken from my Follow the reaper special edition cd. And my other downloaded version is with red blood.

Really? :lol:

Those aren't solos and plz... it's a simple tap after a string bend. How can you say that it sounds EXTREMELY like Roope after one fucking tap?!?

Oh, ok. But it's definitely Alexi playing. I know that someone came up with this that Roope is playing this solo when AYDY was released but that's not true.

And Alexi is playing this solo on this instructional DVD...

3:42-3:45. May be Alexi playing, but you can't say that that's not Roope's style tapping. That's what led me to think it's him. But I guess that if he plays it on the DVD he'll have played that on the album.