Quick Beginners Cubase Question...

shawngeeves

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Hello all, help would be much appreciated with this cubase question...

I'd like to know if/how it's possible to run a vst effect through a series of channels without having to duplicate that effect for every channel. Let me attempt to show an example:

Mono In -->

Left Channel (SoloC --> keFIR --> EQ --->)
Right Channel (SoloC --> keFIR --> EQ --->)
Reverb Channel (SoloC --> keFIR --> EQ ---> Reverb -->)

---> Stereo Out

In the example above, SoloC and keFIR have the exact same settings on each channel, so I'd like to bring the instances of them running in the program down to one set, because running the multiple instances is killing my ASIO buffer. How would I go about setting this up?:

Mono In --> Effects Channel (SoloC --> keFIR -->)

Left Channel (EQ --->)
Right Channel (EQ --->)
Reverb Channel (EQ ---> Reverb -->)

---> Stereo Out

Seems like a simple enough concept, unfortunately I still haven't figured it out. :bah:

Could someone give me a quick rundown? :D

Even if you could, it wouldn't sound the same as you would overload the input to the VST with that many sources in it at once.

Technically you CAN do it, send all the DI signal to a stereo bus and put SoloC and the rest on that bus.

The one thing I do notice alot of you guys doing is running these VST's live while recording, my question is why?

Get a DI box and monitor your signal through something like a POD or even a practice amp. Trying to run these VST's live just causes more latency / CPU overload.