Quick experiment with NI Hardcore Bass

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hey guys , just using hardcore bass at the moment at an experimental stage as i know abso nothing about it really yet- it seems to sound pretty good though! So here's two tracks (one with guitars and one without) so you can see how it sits maybe :) (i know the mixing's shoddy as ive only really just begun with all this stuff but if you can give me any pointers as to where it seriously fails- go forth lol!) Probably the last clip of the useless VS100 before the funf eins funf null arrives in town :heh:

with guitars

www.omission.fireway.co.uk/IOFAmbient.mp3

without guitars

www.omission.fireway.co.uk/IOFBacking.mp3

Kev

Nah, it's not bad, it's not bad it all actually.. that bass sounds deep and pretty real Kev..

I've been thinking about getting that hardcore bass as well, but east west plugins/software seem to cause a problem when used on my PC.. i have gold and the choirs sitting here, both working 50% of the time.. bummer...

But yeah, sounds solid to me.. might want to do a whole song next time? that would be more interesting then just this part, but it sounds good Kev...

I use Hardcore bass. It takes a while to get it to sound just "ok", but after a while you should be able to do great things with it. It's extremely easy to make it sit well in a mix, but pretty hard to make it sound good in solo.

Thanks very much for checking it out guys, i know it can be kinda pain staking sometimes as there is often a lot to check out on the forum! I'd love to know if you think there is anything that is iffy sounding really... perhaps anything you guys do that i dont have a clue about haha. Im not too good with drums yet as you can no doubt hear ( i dont really know how to treat drums or bass even). Reading a few things at the moment tho- like the mixers hand book etc, which seems to have helped me along the road though.

Anyhow, cheers for lending the ears lads! And yup Bob, i must do a whole song :p

Kev

It sounds fine for something like this but for anything that requires the bass to shine in the least it sounds horrible. Fast picking type stuff just does not work. Cool little riff none the less....