Need help with decent ITB bass tone- (Files Inside)

Well, I attempted. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19917325/Attempt.mp3 Guitars were really woofy around 125hz to 175hz. I used a multiband comp. But it lost power quickly. Therefore I pushed the gain up a little bit. I was too lazy to automate it so it clips a few time. But you can still get the general idea on what I was going for. The snare practically drowned out throughout the mix. Bass is two tracks. CLA bass for the grit, and Rbass for the sub. Its not very audible in the mix. I stopped trying because I couldn't get the snare to stand out and the guitars to sit right especially in the intro, it was very scratchy. If you have any questions feel free to ask if its poopy just forget you ever heard it Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Listening on ipod headphones, so hard to give a real opinion... but I'd def like to know what you did regardless! For science!:kickass:

edit: Nevermind you said that just before I posted :)

Hey Jay,

As you seem to be having quite a few issues getting these tracks to sit with each other, mind if I ask whether the issue could be at the source? Do you think there could be something with the DIs that's bothering you? I know there are tuning and performance issues on the DIs which made them somewhat awkward to deal with, and perhaps the bass guitar is subject to similar things?

Hey Jay,

As you seem to be having quite a few issues getting these tracks to sit with each other, mind if I ask whether the issue could be at the source? Do you think there could be something with the DIs that's bothering you? I know there are tuning and performance issues on the DIs which made them somewhat awkward to deal with, and perhaps the bass guitar is subject to similar things?

Well, I think I've finally got the guitars pretty much where I want them. And as of last night, I'm pretty happy with the bass tone as well. I was just wanting some opinions on the mix and apparently it wasn't as bad as I had made myself think it was, it just needed some tweaks.

As for the bass DI, it's programmed, with Prominy SR5 Rock Bass, so I don't think it's possible for there to be performance or tuning issues.

Here's a vid of a dude playing with it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmGsEmjyFt8&feature=relmfu[/ame]