Quick Q about the new Mercenary cd..

DemonXeno

One with the ocean
Mar 13, 2005
Would u recomend it to somone who heard everblack and 11 dreams? and ianyone know were i can get first breath

The Hours That Remain blows Everblack and 11 Dreams out of the F'N water.

Everblack kinda sucks in my opinion. The only song worthwhile on that album is "Screaming from the Heavens" -- the rest is banal banging on the drums, power riffing and God awful barking for vocals.

11 Dreams is decent... but The Hours That Remain sounds like a completely different band. It's INCREDIBLE. You owe it to yourself to pick it up. :headbang:

The Michael

Don't know why so many people don't like Everblack. I think the songwriting and compositions were top notch in that album. I usually listen to it over 11 dreams, I thought 11 dreams sort of had the band in cruise control. They're all quality material though.

Give the new album a chance in whichever case.

I'm one of the people that love 11 dreams, and are a little disappointed with the new album. So I'd wager if you weren't an 11 dreams fan, you dig the new album more so.

Jim LotFP said:
Would the new one be worth it to someone who liked Everblack but was disappointed in 11 Dreams?

If it's the change in vocals you didn't like, then No. THTR has the least amount of exteme vocals of any Mercenary album.
I like THTR a lot, but it's tame compared to 11 Dreams.