quick test...Bogner+Engl

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yo...
just tracked some rh guits....

2 tracks of Überschall and two tracks of Savage (a bit lower in the mix)....
I really dig this combination I must say!

Bengl

P.S. don't judge the "mix", cause it is none....just some drums I tracked the RH guit over....bass, lead guits etc missing, nothing mixed at all...so ignore that, it's only about the guitartone ;)

Fantastic,
I think your combination sounds better than either of the originals.
Did you record each amp one at a time or did you blend thru the air ?
Also, have you applied any EQ to the microphone signal ?

thanks.
I didn't reamp at all this time...just played two tracks throught the über and then 2 more through the Engl.

it's an old Rev2 über (green...well, now pink/purple ;) ) with KT88...
I was going for a raw and big tone (one that would suit In Flames for example (didn't try to copy their tone though), but I wanted it to be still tight enough for the fast mutes etc.....I also wanted to use a combination of amps/tones that's rather unique and hasn't been used before (I hate "second to...." copy tones").
When I played the track through the über (initially just for monitoring while tracking) I liked them so much that I decided not to reamp.
They sounded brutal, raw and aggressive with biting mids.....so I needed a second amp with a very polished, dark and smooth sound.....I was happy that I just got the enlg....IMO Bogner and Savage is a great match.

It might not be the perfect tone for many, but it came out exactly how I wanted it to, and they bassguitar will sit in there really nicely I think