Quick thoughts on some upcoming albums

ScottG

Apr 29, 2001
Long Island
Destruction - Inventor of Evil
Can't for the life of me get into it. Just lacking for some reason. Not essential.

Nuclear Assault - Third World Genocide
Absolutely horrid, stinking crap. Makes it apparent the band may never have been that good.

Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion
Meh. More of the same. Pretty standard stuff for NR and as power metal goes. OK to listen to but ultimately boring after the fact.

Gamma Ray - Majestic
I like it. Sounds fresh again. Most of the songs have interesting changes in them. Less like No World Order, more like Powerplant.

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
I like what I've heard and I'm still a fan so... definitely a purchase for me.

Destruction is rehashing the same ole same ole ...

Nuclear Assault ... totally agree with you ... i think the reviews have been totally negative everywhere ...

The rest I don't care about :loco:

it's not too bad, but nothing has really blown my load yet. still got a lot coming such as Mael Mordha, Obtest, hopefully Graveland. But I'm actually most looking forward to the new Scald. I need some WTF music.

I'm digging 2005 more than 2004. Nevermore and Primordial have both released stunning discs. Some real strong releases from Corossion of Conformity, Dark Tranquillity, Bruce Dickinson, Grand Magus, Kamelot, Naglfar, Frameshift and November's Doom. I'm very much looking forward to new releases from Zero Hour, Opeth and Stride.

Zod

Toby Driver: In The Li Li Library Loft [#8019]
A beautiful collection of modern compositions by the brilliant young mastermind of Maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot, a cutting edge band combining a classical ear for structure and orchestration with the power and immediacy of heavy and black metal. Featuring several of his band mates in key roles, and a number of special guests, this is music of great detail and searing passion. Years in the making, this is a CD that will surely catapult Toby into the eyes and ears of an exciting new audience. Four moody masterpieces of magic and horror.

lizard said:
Toby Driver: In The Li Li Library Loft [#8019]
A beautiful collection of modern compositions by the brilliant young mastermind of Maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot, a cutting edge band combining a classical ear for structure and orchestration with the power and immediacy of heavy and black metal. Featuring several of his band mates in key roles, and a number of special guests, this is music of great detail and searing passion. Years in the making, this is a CD that will surely catapult Toby into the eyes and ears of an exciting new audience. Four moody masterpieces of magic and horror.
oh yeah, forgot about that one. definitely looking forward to taht. or that, even.

HarmonyDies.... said:
Sigh's new album came out last week or so. I should pick it up soon.

nope, its not coming out 'till 5th of september.

goddamnit, this band is keeping a low profile. before i read this post i didnt know they had a new record coming out, and their official website hasnt been updated since june 2002. it shall be interresting to hear what theyre up to this time...

Cathedral - The Garden of Unearthly Delights
Never really been a huge fan of these guys before... I'd been dying for more doom that isn't painfully slow and this new Cathedral satifies my expectations. It rocks out in a bunch of places and the 27 minute song is definitely worthwhile. Another purchase I look forward to making.

anyway that is very unexpected news

i always liked hate forest for the most part and for me "purity" and "battlefields" have stood up better over time than the drudkh stuff that everyone loses their shit over

EDIT: yeah i think this rules

Last edited: