Quoting...

Now quoting... myself!!! We were talking about our humor sense, and this is a good proof of it. This is my reply to someone in the Farmakon board who said he's eager to die:

"I think you're misunderstanding your situation. You can't go to a McDonalds and wait patiently for someone to taint your hamburger, if you wanna die, you actually have to struggle to. Someone can be proud of himself if, when trying to meet the Death, jumps from a plane and deliberately breaks the parachute, that is a consequent way of thinking."

|ngenius (Who doesn't let his thread die)

hehehe this cool quote of yours whetted my apettite and so i went off to the Farmakon forum to check (yup,i am a BIG gossip :p).....hahah it's amazing how this guy waited to have poison put in his MacDonald food so that he would die,when he could pure and simple had gone to a trashbin outside of a macdonalds and make his (death)day :D

@Mel: Yeah, this time I was that proud of myself that I thought the farmakon guys couldn't avoid such a proof of genius ( :D ). I was wrong, nobody replied to my post. :yell: :D

@Theredin: You're frankly odd. :p

|ngenius.

Who? Me or Ingenious? Well if it's me you were talking to, I didn't take any offence. I like being called strange. It's better then being called a complete retard who needs to get fuckin lost in the Alaskan wilderness because he is that annoying and retarded that his stupidity is ruining the god damn board and because he is one untalented contadicting fuck who should stab himself in the eye with an ice pick. God damn extreme black metal messageboards.

As to you guys I am enjoying my stay here because all of you seem extremly intellectual and you guys are a great big batch of kindness. Not to mention all of you all are very cool! I feel overwhelmed with glory to be posting at a forum that everyone is kind and cool and noone threatens to kill anyone without their consent first. Oh yeah and if you were directing your compliments me Mel, then thank you very much for that! If not, then it's just as good because after it is a compliment to someone and that's usually a good thing! :D

I think this diserves a brief explanation, the question I ask to myself now is if it is me the right robot to do it, but... is there anyone else here? No? Ok, I'll do it, then. First of all, theredin, you're welcome, but I sternly warn you not to try stealing my "most stupid poster of the year" award, it has kinda sentimental meaning to me. ;) After that, relax, because we'll never stab people with an ice pick. Not in the eye, almost. :D

Regarding our extreme intellect, you got it quickly, we're walking brains and CPUs. All except FatherVic, who was stabbed in the eye with an ice pick, guess why. :loco: To be honest, they tried to stab me as well, but my eyes are easy to be replaced.

[SERIOUS PART]

Well, I said you're odd taking the word acception as "unusual" rather than "strange", as you said. Someone who comes up with a quote with "leatherface" on it is someone unusual, don't you think? ;) As Mel said, no offence meant, you're becoming part of this board as well. And yes, her compliments were entirely yours, Mel is the great average of the kindness, in this board.

[/MORE OR LESS SERIOUS PART]

|ngenius.

P.S: Re-read my nickname if you still think it is Ingenious instead of |ngenius. We accept |ng as an abbreviature. Thanks for reading.

|ngenius said:
P.S: Re-read my nickname if you still think it is Ingenious instead of |ngenius. We accept |ng as an abbreviature. Thanks for reading.

Well you still are a genious even if you say your not! |ngenious. I think I might have gotten it right this time!

New qoute: "E.T. phone home" -E.T.

(E.T. should've called collect man!)

After all he is calling (assumingly) several light years away at the very least.

Now quoting... Malcolm in the Middle!!! Dougie is going to bed...

Dougie .- "Can I have a story?"

Mom .- "Ok, once upon a time there was a little boy who made his mother so crazy, so she decided to sell him to the circus"

Dougie .- "An evil circus?"

Mom .- "No, a nice one, with monkeys"

Dougie .- "Thank you!"

|ng. (I simply love it)

well finally I can get to the forum!!!

the PC I was working with has died...again (and this is the second time in 4.5 months)

today I'm working in another place and I wanted to pass by and say hello...I hope my PC will be fix soon (or I'll loose precious files in it) or i'll simply go and install all my crap in a new one...

as for the welcoming of redinthe, sure we're all intellectual but for me. I'm a one-eye melon, but at least I kept the ice pick. :p
and well as you geniously said in your other post, it's better to be weird than errrr...be all those things you said!!!! :p

@ing: Malcolm is a great series...Mel and I got addicted to it but then they stopped it without an apparent reason...Francis is THE KING :)

fv (not quoting)

FatherVic said:
@ing: Malcolm is a great series...Mel and I got addicted to it but then they stopped it without an apparent reason...Francis is THE KING

Yep, the series was bought by A3 here, but I'd never seen the show till the first season was released in DVD format. Now, the whole first season and some interesting extras are resting in my HD. :D

And yes, Francis and Dewey are my favourite characters (it is Dewey and not Dougie as I thought at first, strange american names...). In fact, Malcolm is the worst character, imo, there's Stevie, Lois, Hal and even Reese as more defined and interesting characters than Malcolm himself. The teacher of the gifted class is also a great one. :)

More Dewey: :p

"Boring, boring, boring... I'm so boring... who's the most boring man? Me, that is. Boring... why haven't you changed the channel yet?"

|ngenius (Neither gifted, nor the proud owner of an ice pick...)

Yes, the names are a bit strange...Reese is like...WHAT???
for me the chupiest episode is between the one when Hal teaches Malcolm in-line roller skate and the one in which Reese falls in love and teases the girl he wants because he doesn't know what else to do :Spin:

how many episodes do you have???? :rolleyes:

fv

The first season is composed by 16 episodes, including the two episodes you've mentioned, plus 600 Mb of extra stuff (interviews, cut scenes, promos, etc.).

Now quoting... more Malcolm.

Francis: "Halloween is not a date in the calendar"

Reese .- "Yes, it is. It's the 31st"

Francis .- "Halloween is in our hearts. Everytime a kid cries in fear... that is Halloween. Everytime you fit something repulsive inside a milk box... that's Halloween. As long as you carry the spirit of destruction and vandalism in your hearts, every day is Halloween."

Reese .- "No, look, it is the 31st"

|ng.

francis is the king :)

today i found out that a special DVD of The Meaning of Life is out and I started searching info about what is that Monty Python are preparing...I couldn't find anything new, but I found some old scripts and I was laughing at work thanx to them...here's a script from one of their sketches (it's a bit long but it's worth it)

A customer enters a pet shop.

Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

Customer: 'Ello, Miss?

Owner: What do you mean "miss"?

Customer: (pause) I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Owner: We're closin' for lunch.

Customer: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Customer: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Customer: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Owner: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Customer: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Owner: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Customer: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up!
(shouting at the cage)
'Ello, Mister Polly Parrot! I've got a lovely fresh cuttle fish for you if you show...(owner hits the cage)

Owner: There, he moved!

Customer: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the cage!

Owner: I never!!

Customer: Yes, you did!

Owner: I never, never did anything...

Customer: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO POLLY!!!!!
Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes parrot out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

Customer: Now that's what I call a dead parrot.

Owner: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

Customer: STUNNED?!?

Owner: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.

Customer: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That parrot is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.

Owner: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.

Customer: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?

Owner: The Norwegian Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!

Customer: Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.

(pause)

Owner: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bird down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Customer: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!

Owner: No no! 'E's pining!

Customer: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

(pause)

Owner: Well, I'd better replace it, then.
(he takes a quick peek behind the counter)

Owner: Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of parrots.

Customer: I see. I see, I get the picture.

Owner: (pause) I got a slug.

(pause)

Customer: (sweet as sugar) Pray, does it talk?

Owner: Nnnnot really.

Customer: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Owner: Look, if you go to my brother's pet shop in Bolton, he'll replace the parrot for you.

Customer: Bolton, eh? Very well.

The customer leaves.

The customer enters the same pet shop. The owner is putting on a false moustache.

Customer: This is Bolton, is it?

Owner: (with a fake mustache) No, it's Ipswitch.

Customer: (looking at the camera) That's inter-city rail for you.

The customer goes to the train station.
He addresses a man standing behind a desk marked "Complaints".

Customer: I wish to complain, British-Railways Person.

Attendant: I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS JOB, YOU KNOW!!!

Customer: I beg your pardon...?

Attendant: I'm a qualified brain surgeon! I only do this job because I like being my own boss!

Customer: Excuse me, this is irrelevant, isn't it?

Attendant: Yeah, well it's not easy to pad these python files out to 150 lines, you know.

Customer: Well, I wish to complain. I got on the Bolton train and found myself deposited here in Ipswitch.

Attendant: No, this is Bolton.

Customer: (to the camera) The pet shop man's brother was lying!!

Attendant: Can't blame British Rail for that.

Customer: In that case, I shall return to the pet shop!

He does.

Customer: I understand this IS Bolton.

Owner: (still with the fake mustache) Yes?

Customer: You told me it was Ipswitch!

Owner: ...It was a pun.

Customer: (pause) A PUN?!?

Owner: No, no...not a pun...What's that thing that spells the same backwards as forwards?

Customer: (Long pause) A palindrome...?

Owner: Yeah, that's it!

Customer: It's not a palindrome! The palindrome of "Bolton" would be "Notlob"!! It don't work!!

Owner: Well, what do you want?

Customer: I'm not prepared to pursue my line of inquiry any longer as
I think this is getting too silly!

Sergeant-Major: Quite agree, quite agree, too silly, far too silly... (takes customer by the arm) Come on, you, you've got to go do another sketch now! Come on... (he walks off stage left, followed by the director and cameramen, leaving the owner alone on the set)

Owner: (to the audience) Well! I never wanted to do this in the first place.
I wanted to be...

A LUMBERJACK!

(he takes off his white lab coat to reveal a checkered shirt and suspenders under it)

Floating down the mighty rivers of British Columbia!
With my best girl by my side! etc. etc. etc.
( continued in LUMBERJACK PYTHON )

it's simply wonderful....and there's one about a cheese shop that it's been cracking me up for a while, too!!!!

fv (monty pythonized)

I found this as a signature on the DT board. Since Monkey Island was one of the most touching videogames of my childhood, and whereas I played it translated to the spanish instead of the original in english... this has been more amazing to re-discover:

Now Quoting... Monkey Island!!!

"Mixing medicine and alcohol is really stupid and possibly lethal. If I were​
a real person instead of a lovable, inept cartoon character with the potential​
for a few more sequels, I wouldn't even consider it." - Guybrush Threepwood​

|ng (who always wanted to become a pirate as well)​

ah, the amazing world of games...so many memories, so many evil monsters defeated, so many bushes to hide in. I'd love to quote anything from the game Larry, but I simply forgot all the stuff on the way to consciousness.

The really strange thing is that the only stuff I can quote (right now) from a lifetime full of video games is "Gloktar", "On your command" and the incredible and marvellous "Oh, no!" from our small green-haired friend, the Lemmings. May the force be with them!

fathervic (Oh, no!)

wooooooooooooow :hotjump: Monkey Island!!!! One of my superfavourites!! In the beggining I had it in German (somebody has given it to my dad) & later got it in English... It was sooooooo amazing.Guybrush was so cool ("ich will Pirate werden"),while the Schwertmeisterin a puta :devil:

I also loved Larry,the first one i've finished many times..uff,i was 10yo back then,i was quite an advanced kid :p Unfortunately i don't remember any quotes from Larry either...only that the message to enter the hooker house was "ken sent me" :p

Lemmings are so sweet,btw :)

/troll (no quotes,no deposit,no return)

Reactions: Rei Toei
Now Quoting...

"Against of an assault of laughter, nothing can stand" - Mark Twain.

@Mel: Schwertmeisterin?! Who's that? You mean Le Chuck? Strange german translations...

|ng.