Quoting...

this one is from the new book I'm reading. It's called Silent Blade by the master Salvatore...

I would like to quote the whole page...but i'll stick to the most interesting...

"Which joy can we find in our lives if we cannot reach to understand the joy and the sorrow from those who surround us?"

this guy is simply amazing!

fv (trying to understand)

Didactylos .- "Useful? Books on mechanisms?"

Urn .- "Yes, they teach people how to live better!"

Didactylos .- "And Civics show people how to be people"

(A Pratchett's "Small Gods" excerpt)

|ng.

From Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' "No More Shall we Part" album...

"A loose wind last night blew down
Black trees bent to the ground
Their blossoms made such a sound
That I could not hear myself think, babe"
-- The sorrowful wife

From Radiohead's "Hail to the thief" :
"We are accidents
Waiting
Wainting to happen."
-- There There

That's pretty all I have for now, here at my job...

well it's time for some old Pratchett quotes...this ones from Hogfather :)

"She'd become a governess. It was one of the few jobs a known lady could do. And she'd taken to it well. She'd sworn that if she did indeed ever find herself dancing on rooftops with chimney sweeps she'd beat herself to death with her own umbrella."

"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."

"The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head."

fathervic (+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++)

|ngenius said:
@Mel: Schwertmeisterin?! Who's that? You mean Le Chuck? Strange german translations...
Super sorry!! you asked this more than 2 months ago and i saw it today!!! :confused:*begs for mercy*
No,robotini, the Schwertmeisterin was the Swordmaster...the female superlady,which i used to call "P." back then...you can imagine what P stands for,i had a big dirty mouth back then :D
LeChuck was the ghost pirate in the ghost ship,wasn't he?

*nostalgia*

FV@"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."

"The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The first one i should have it printed on a shirt and wear when i went to that boring zoring doring AI seminar in the uni :ill:

@Mel: Ooops, thought I replied to this thread. :err: No apologies needed, little one, you're not alone in missing some posts, I'm an expert when it comes to selective skipping. :p As for Le Chuck, yeah, the ghost pirate.

Now Quoting...

"If a tree falls down in the middle of the forest, and there's no soul around to hear it... which colour the tree was?" .- Hermann Toothrot, Monkey Island hermit and philosopher​

|ng.

|ngenius said:
"If a tree falls down in the middle of the forest, and there's no soul around to hear it... which colour the tree was?" .- Hermann Toothrot, Monkey Island hermit and philosopher​

:lol: :lol: :lol: i found this so funny!!!! cause i've heard & read a similar quote before,but this one wasn't ending like this...so the ending was so unexpected and funny :lol:

(damn,i shouldn't think when laughing,cause i guess nobody understand what i'm trying to say :p )​

ok, since it's long since I don't say "since" i will post two quotes from two celebrities I've found searching for new grounds on the literature department.

first's Mark Twain: "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

second's from Groucho Marx: "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member!"

sometimes being just cynical it's not really that bad! :D

fv

Now quoting... myself. :Smug:

"Lidl? Cheap prices and good products, under alternative labels, that you can pay comfortably whenever you want... as far as you pay them before leaving the supermarket?" .- |ng when chatting with Rei Toei. Simply absurd, right?

@FV: A good couple you had there, boy. Groucho was chupi!

|ng (Pointless right up to the end!)

FV@ nice ones :)
Ingy@ you're nuts and i like it so much ;)) fins aviat :)

some quotes from Douglas Coupland's "all families are psychotic" (what a lunatic book!! i enjoyed every single line of it!!!:hotjump:). Enjoy!!!!:

"She removed a black felt Sharpie pen from her purse, and wrote the word 'laryngitis' on a folded piece of paper. For the remainder of the day she wouldn't have to speak to anybody she didn't want to"

"Where did the past six minutes go ? When time is used up, does it go to some kind of place like a junkyard ? Or down a river like the waters beneath Niagara Falls ? Does time evaporate and turn into rain and start all over again ?"

"It's depressing to think that my moods aren't even remotely cosmic, that all they are is the result of lazy little seratonin receptors in my brain."

"Time erases both the best and the worst of us."

"Your past isn't something you escape from. Your past is what you are."

"...life is just an endless banquet of loss, and each time a new loss is doled
out, you have to move your mental furniture around, throw things out, and by
then there's more loss, and the cycle goes on and on."

Okie, enough for now =) enjoy!!!

/melancholia (coffee addict!! once the thought of a cup of coffee occurs to me,it's difficult to resist for more than 5 mins !!! *slurp*

:D hmmmmmmmmmmm i think you'd better ask one of fellow forumers for that ;) i have no clue about d/ling books, you naughty kids ;) :saint:

it's a cool book!!! i definitely recommend it to everybody that wants to read something cool and psycho

Denis Leary said:
- The Jacksons were a disfunctional Family?
- Not the Jacksons! They seemed so normal to me....

Holy shit folks, these ppl give each other new heads for christmas for christs sake!

uhmmm Douglas Coupland...*scribbles the name down*
I think i'll add that one in my little exclusive list....not that it really excludes but reminds me with are the exclusive names...not that they are really excluded...but...oh, screw it!

probably one of the best ones i recently read was by my little personal idol TP!
"inside every old man there's a young one asking what the hell has happened" :D

fv (wondering that will happen ;) )

FV@ hehe you won't escape Mr. Coupland,i swear :D

Cool TP quote =))

no quotes for today... actually there are 2 i'd like to post here, but hmmm they are not that special nor funny, i just thought they were very nice, intresting thoughts somehow...hmm i'll think about it

/troll (prepare yourself ;) )