R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner, May 13, 1967 – December 13, 2001

I read all the shit on the bathory.se site and he admits to lying to interviewers a lot for personal amusement, but I see no reason to suspect that the stuff on that site itself is bullshit since it's not particularly self-serving. He says he wrote that stuff to dispel all the rumors about bathory that have been floating around the internet, which seems reasonable. Actually, it's good reading.

He never mentioned that he stole the goat logo from Jos A. Smith, so why believe him that Boss is only 12 years his senior, when business records have allegedly shown to the contrary, that he was in fact born in 1944?

I am, actually. I don't suppose any of your info comes from ANUS? Not to say that he never spouted any bullshit or whatever, but I don't see any reason for him to lie about everything, so I'd kind of need to see some sort of evidence or whatever.
I don't understand people's sudden squirminess whenever the Dark Legions Archive and the site associated with it are mentioned. Even the e-zine's staff has admitted that the site's opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. The webzine's adoption of the florid, sensationalistic and condescending writing style is nothing more than an inside joke meant to mock American literature, or so was revealed by Falconsbane in one of his many flaming crusades.

Well, in this instance it's due to ANUS' history of erroneous claims. For example, that Chuck Schuldiner was a homosexual and died or AIDS, or that they discovered King Diamond's lost skull after which the 'Melissa' series of songs was named.

Boss was not Quorthon's father.

WATAIN's BATHORY Tribute At SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL To Be Introduced By QUORTHON's Father - Mar. 24, 2010 After completing the regular portion of their set at this year's Sweden Rock Festival on June 12, Swedish black metallers WATAIN will return to the stage for a unique 45-minute tribute concert featuring classic BATHORY songs. The event promises to be even more special as the BATHORY part of WATAIN's performance will be introduced by none other than late BATHORY mainman Quorthon's father and producer, Börje "Boss" Forsberg.

"It feels great to have Boss participating in a part of the show, since he, in a way, is the only living link to the BATHORY myth," says WATAIN frontman Erik "E" Danielsson. "It will still be a tribute show and nothing else, but we are, of course, honored to be able to do it with his blessing!"

In other news, Danielsson conducted an exclusive interview with Boss about BATHORY and Quorthon's extraordinary contributions to metal for a full-length feature that will be published in issue #70 of Sweden Rock Magazine. Sweden Rock and Season Of Mist have also collaborated with WATAIN on a special CD that all subscribers of the magazine will receive in the first week of April. The disc will consist of WATAIN's cover version of BATHORY's classic track "The Return of Darkness and Evil" as well as a brand new WATAIN song, "Reaping Death", which will appear on the band's forthcoming album, "Lawless Darkness", to be released by Season Of Mist on June 7.

"The cool thing about Sweden Rock Magazine is that it covers metal's traditions and history and what metalhead head isn't aware of the genre's history?" says Danielsson. "It felt like the right forum for a tribute to BATHORY, one of extreme metal's forefathers, especially the Scandinavian side of it. All the pieces fell into place."

Quorthon was found dead in his apartment in Stockholm, Sweden on June 7, 2004. The 39-year-old, widely considered to be one of black metal's founding fathers, reportedly died of heart failure.

For more information, visit www.swedenrockmagazine.com.