R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner, May 13, 1967 – December 13, 2001

I don't find much value in any of their albums beyond Leprosy and even then I don't even really like that and SBG. Just do not like.

Death is just bad.

Go listen to Paramore.

He had his contribution to death metal, weather it was "insignificant" or not, one of the earliest death metal bands, put out some masterpieces and some great albums, the guy was full of metal. I liked Quorthon more than Chuck but that doesn't fucking mean that Chuck sucks, both of them were great and supported metal as they could. Seriously you guys bash too much and some of you are too fucking judgmental.
p.s: Out of respect for the big guys Vihris, Dodens Grav and other members in here I tried to be as nice as I can be.

Oh yes, me liking Paramore invalidates my opinion on death metal which is my most listened to form of metal. Heh.

I don't worship Death I just like them better than any other Death metal band and they got better with each album. There is so much emotion in his work not to mention the lyrics are one of a kind.

Death were never a typical Death metal band and don't share some of the same qualities as other bands in this genre. However they are the fucking most influential Death metal band. Chuck is a genius and deserves as much praise as he receives.

Chuck was not a genius. Beethoven was a genius; Albert Einstein was a genius; Kurt Gödel was a genius. Chuck Schuldiner had some talent, no doubt about that. But he was not a fucking genius.

Genius is used there as a relative term; compared to other death metal guitarists Schuldiner was a genius. I recognize that it's a bastardization of the language, but whatever. He deserves praise as a badass guitarist who really dedicated himself to his music; whether the anniversary of his death should be a holy day for metalheads is questionable. But considering how much praise is lavished on loads of other bands, I see no reason why he shouldn't get some.

Genius is used there as a relative term; compared to other death metal guitarists Schuldiner was a genius. I recognize that it's a bastardization of the language, but whatever. He deserves praise as a badass guitarist who really dedicated himself to his music; whether the anniversary of his death should be a holy day for metalheads is questionable. But considering how much praise is lavished on loads of other bands, I see no reason why he shouldn't get some.

He was a good guitarist and definitely deserves some credit but if you want to relativize the term then I would say that Luc Fucking Lemay is a genius, not Chuck Schuldiner.

All the ones who trash him are probably the same fags who would give Varg endless blowjobs for life. :cool: