R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner, May 13, 1967 – December 13, 2001

Anyone who is dead can Rest In Pain. Fuck the dead and the living

I'm sick of these threads.

Dimebag,Chuck,Quorthon,Kurt Cobain,etc... all dead. If you want to celebrate a musicians death do it in your personal time alone and drink yourself into a coma for all I care.

I wasn't going to say anything at all if The Butt didn't start being a faggot about how everybody should be crying in their sleeves about some dude dying 8 years ago. He's lucky.

Shouldn't you be a guest host in the hit TV show "Win a trip to Fuckoffityland" while Conan O'Brien writes his next episode all over your favorite poster of the main character from 'Twilight', while you pay John Goodman a dollar to reenact the scene from When Harry Met Sally where she does her best impression of a fake orgasm in the restaurant?

Normally these threads are trolled by ANUS types posting stuff about Chuck was a born-again homosexual who died of AIDS. I was just pointing out that not everybody thinks Chuck's accomplishments and contributions were as significant.

I love Bathory (almost as much as Death) but that's just dumb. You're dumb. To say his contributions weren't significant is just faggotry.

Can we leave the bickering out of this thread? Go start a Quorthon vs. Chuck thread. Both were amazing artists.

RIP Chuck

To say his contributions weren't significant is just faggotry.

What on earth were his contributions? I'm not aware of anything innovative he did in his music. Maybe by "contribution" you simply mean being a pretty good death metal artist, but in that case the word "contribution" isn't really appropriate.

I'm not trying to start more shit in this thread, I just find this kind of opinion highly dubious if not plainly inaccurate.

Do you not know who Chuck Schuldiner is? He was the main musician behind the band Death, and one of the first artists to play death metal, thus having early and widespread influence upon other artists who would play death metal. Some say he was the first, but I see Possessed as being more first than Death was. Regardless he helped pioneer a genre. He also put out some killer albums. I would say that is significant.

RIP Chuck

Listened to Leprosy one of my favourites from Death all the way through just this morning actually, had no idea it was around the anniversary if his death. I need to listen to their much-later stuff, only know the early albums well.

Do you not know who Chuck Schuldiner is? He was the main musician behind the band Death, and one of the first artists to play death metal, thus having early and widespread influence upon other artists who would play death metal. Some say he was the first, but I see Possessed as being more first than Death was. Regardless he helped pioneer a genre. He also put out some killer albums. I would say that is significant.

YES. This seems to have been forgotten because of the stupid fanboyism and the a n u s.com over-retaliation to said stupid fanboyism.

Well, yeah. I mean, those are the albums put out during the most influential period. Beyond that it's just a band putting out albums. Yes, he is still a pioneer, so he merits that recognition, but each album must stand on it's own.

For me personally, I see Death's discography as improving over time. I recognize his influence, and I prefer his later albums. I have tried to get into Control Denied, but don't really like it. I don't think anyone here is blindly worshiping Chuck.