R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister

I hadn't realised he was 70! Still, that's pretty young these days. It's strange that metal has now been around so long that some of its old guard are now dying. I guess there's going to be a lot more of that over the next ten years or so.

R.I.P. Lemmy your legend will never ever die!

The first thing I thought of when I heard of his passing was these 3 beauties

Wait What? I just saw him in concert twice in the past year or two. He seemed skinnier than usual but otherwise fine and energetic...

Metal has lost a legend. I'm putting on their Overkill album.

Lemmy is a goddamn legend. He never stopped kicking ass for 45 fucking years, and there aren't very many people who can claim that. I'll be blasting Inferno tonight...my favorite Motorhead album, 30 years into their career.

Reactions: The Butt
I can't believe it. I only saw Motörhead in August this year in Spain. The world has lost a true legend today. RIP.

image.jpeg

Reactions: CiG
I'll be blasting Inferno tonight...my favorite Motorhead album, 30 years into their career.
Yeah its really one of their best I feel. This also touches on something crucial to Lemmy and Motorhead's legacy. 22 full-length albums since 1977 and the longest gap between two albums was the 4 years between Rock 'n' Roll in 1987 and 1916 in 1991. That's pretty incredible when you think of how many bands that formed way later and take 6 or so years to get their asses in gear to even begin writing new material. Lemmy's work ethic was second to fucking none. Write, record, tour, repeat. Plus non-stop gigging in between. He lived it.