R.I.P. Miike Tenkula (Sentenced)

MadTinus

Language enthusiast
May 7, 2002
Utrecht, Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Just read on Blabbermouth:
Miika Tenkula, former lead guitarist and main songwriter of the acclaimed Finnish band SENTENCED, was found dead at his home earlier today (Thursday, February 19). He was 34 years old.

Nalle Österman (GANDALF, LULLACRY, CHAOSBREED) tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "It's true, confirmed personally by [former SENTENCED] drummer Vesa Ranta.

"The fact remains that Miika had a serious drinking problem for many years which escalated after SENTENCED was buried. They don't call it King Alcohol for nothing...

"The metal scene in Finland mourns now for one of the most talented metal guitarists to ever emerge from [the country]."

The official cause of Miika's death has not yet been released.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114733

Wow, I'm stunned, such a talented dude.. R.I.P.

He's gone, he is dead
His remains upon the hearse ahead
As silently we wander though the mist
He's free

This is the end
Your journey's over, night descends
Below... Into the abyss
Farewell, my friend, you will be missed

Lower the flags
A good man has passed
He has reached the last of frontiers
Lower the flags
Down to half-mast
For again the world has taken a turn for the worse

He's done, he is dead
Six feet of earth upon his head
Now lay your wreaths
Upon the one who lies beneath

Although you're gone
In memories you shall live on
Asleep... In peace now rest
The weight of the world is off your chest

Lower the flags
A good man has passed
He has reached the last of frontiers
Lower the flags
Down to half-mast
For again the world has taken a turn for the worse

That morning light I'll always remember
And these August nights: cold as December.

I've been a Sentenced fan for some 15 years (since North From Here came out), I was really shocked to read the news. He was the main songwriter and wrote so many songs I've listened to ever so many times.

He wasn't even 35 years old btw, he would have turned 35 on March 6th.. (according to wikipedia).

I was definitely saddened by the news. He had a lot of talent and a huge personality from what I've heard. He also had one of the best DM growls I've heard yet. Always half hoped he'd take to another DM band and sing on another album like SotP. R.I.P Miika.

NP: Sentenced - In Memoriam

"Come cast your shadow over me
and I'll cast mine all over thee
Take me away, into the shades
where there is no light of day

Come cast your shadow over me
I'll give you immortality
Let's walk away, into the shades
where there is no light of day

To Harm Our Way
"

R.I.P. Miika - you will be missed

This is really depressing. Back when I initially discovered metal, Sentenced was one of my first and favorite bands. I have fond memories of The Cold White Light. RIP Miika -- you will be missed.

Sad news indeed!

To be honest I'm not much of a fan of Sentenced. Music-wise they were pretty good, but I never liked either of their vocalists. But I wish them all well during this tough time and I hope they're able to get through it.

I had the pleasure of meeting him and the rest of the group at a New Jersey Metalfest. Rest.In.Peace

the rain comes falling down
my life flows to the ground
no longer feeling the pain
these leaves now becoming my grave

no longer feeling the flame
no longer feeling the rain

R.I.P Tenkula...