Rack question

Lazzari

Chakachakalabuchaka
Aug 18, 2008
In a Shitty Country (Venezuela)
So as some of u know im on the search for a new rig ! :kickass: Im buying a pre amp soon (im still under the Engl e530 and the X3, the rig will be only for live purposes and recording in my home my personal stuff..) so im in the need of a rack case to keep my gear safe from harm.. any suggestion ??

PS: my budget is 150 $ maybe 160 $

One thing to be conscious of is depth; lots of racks (stupidly) are ridiculously deep, so I'd definitely recommend keeping an eye out for a shallow one, and my Gator GR-4S has served me well over the years! (not like I've put it through much abuse, but still, it's solid and does the job!) And they make 'em in 5U and 6U forms, of course.

One thing to be conscious of is depth; lots of racks (stupidly) are ridiculously deep
Yes Marcus, how stupid to make racks that can house amplifiers. :D

He has a point though, you will want to buy a rack that is sized for your needs. I have my head in an 8 space shock rack and the thing weighs 60lbs empty.

Engl and line6 probably publish rack mounting depth. I would recomend a couple of inches of clearance to allow for stuffing cables back there....particularly if you want to leave parts wired. I prefer these cases to the plastic kind. They are a lot heavier but the hold up better and IMHO look more pro. This brand is also cheap as hell, but well contructed.

Wow Egan, that thing is RIDICULOUSLY cheap for that kind of construction, usually the ones like that (specifically Road Ready) are in the high $100's/low $200's! But if it works for you, hey, why not!

And I know, of course, that people have amplifiers to hold, but still, Gator's shallow rack (the one I have) still has ~12" rackable depth, whereas the standards are 16", what amp could possibly be that deep? (usually it seems like they're higher, so you just get a shallow one with more RU's)

Wow Egan, that thing is RIDICULOUSLY cheap for that kind of construction, usually the ones like that (specifically Road Ready) are in the high $100's/low $200's! But if it works for you, hey, why not!

And I know, of course, that people have amplifiers to hold, but still, Gator's shallow rack (the one I have) still has ~12" rackable depth, whereas the standards are 16", what amp could possibly be that deep? (usually it seems like they're higher, so you just get a shallow one with more RU's)

My amp has a 14" rack depth but many poweramps for pa applications are 16"+ deep.
I can attest to the EWI quality as I've taken mine on a couple of tours and a few of the bigger sound companies around here have some mixed in with their inventory.

Yeah, I guess when you get into PA applications where the wattage climbs up to the thousands, those amps need tons of space!

Dude, look at the reviews just on the first page for the Musicians Gear one :lol:

The Eurolite one looks ok, but still, it's ridiculously deep (22", yikes) and heavy as hell - I'd still vote Gator! (and don't get the SKB, they don't have full rack openings on the back, but rather these retarded little doors that apparently are really cramped :Smug: )

If i could only find the depth of the pod i could look for the exact case that ill need.. ive found measures of the power amp ill be buying (Later on but i will !) Dimensions: 3.5" high x 19" wide x 10" deep

Dude, the Pod is NOT gonna be more than 10" deep, trust me on that :D

EDIT: Here we go, look at this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Line-6-Pod-XT-Pro-Guitar-Amp_W0QQitemZ120435209327QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0a7f746f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

If you figure it's 19" wide, I'd say that's around 6"-7" deep

Yeah dude, look at the pic

p26492.jpg

6" deep max is my guess!