Radial HeadLoad impressions anyone?

H-evolve

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone has used the Radial Head Load and what are your impressions/review?

My friend has a Rivera Rock Crusher, which works well. We either use it to push the tubes and still be able to play at lower volumes, or we use the line out for recording into IRs.

That being said, I'm thinking about buying something similar myself. Was interested in knowing a bit about the Radial equivalent.

Thanks.

Well, I don't think it's the same price tag no? At least for me, as I live in Canada. The Radial is sold approximately 950 CAD, while the Reload is around 900 USD. And I can't find it on the main canadian web sites... So I'd have to buy it on SweetWater, pay in USD and pay the shipping, plus other additional custom/duty/taxe charges.

So, I think I'd probably pay somewhere in the range of 1500 CAD to get a Reload.

Does it do a lot more than the Radial HeadLoad? I'm sure it's a good product, but would it be worth the extra bucks?

By the way, in case somebody mention it, I'm not interested in the Torpedo Live. I've tried some of their IRs on Wall of Sound and didn't really like them. Funny that a lot of videos online, that compare the Torpedo Live to the real thing (real cab), demonstrate that the match is a close one... but for me, I have tried the Mesa OS on Wall of Sound and it sounded like shit. Very fizzy, from what I remember at least.

Well, I don't think it's the same price tag no? At least for me, as I live in Canada. The Radial is sold approximately 950 CAD, while the Reload is around 900 USD. And I can't find it on the main canadian web sites... So I'd have to buy it on SweetWater, pay in USD and pay the shipping, plus other additional custom/duty/taxe charges.

So, I think I'd probably pay somewhere in the range of 1500 CAD to get a Reload.

Does it do a lot more than the Radial HeadLoad? I'm sure it's a good product, but would it be worth the extra bucks?

By the way, in case somebody mention it, I'm not interested in the Torpedo Live. I've tried some of their IRs on Wall of Sound and didn't really like them. Funny that a lot of videos online, that compare the Torpedo Live to the real thing (real cab), demonstrate that the match is a close one... but for me, I have tried the Mesa OS on Wall of Sound and it sounded like shit. Very fizzy, from what I remember at least.

Nevermind, was able to find it 1200 CAD on a Canadian web site. So, not 1500, but still more expensive. So my understanding is that it's a DI + Reamp + LoadBox... I admit it's quite nice. The Radial does the same, except I think for the Reamping part.

Last edited: