Rage Of Achilles call it quits...

dill_the_devil said:
By the way... am I the only one alive who thinks Ektomorf are kind of okay? Yeah, I know they're ripping off late-Seps/early-Soulfly so much the lawyers are probably rubbing their hands with glee, but it's better than the last couple of Soulfly albums by far...
Oh man, you ARE insane! :loco: I've only heard the first Soulfly which was cool for about 2 weeks before it went completely stale, except the awesome title track and about 3 riffs. That Ektomorf is one of the worst albums I've ever heard! The acoustic thing toward the end was pretty cool, but that was but a small piece of that trainwreck. Did you read my review? :Spin:

unhinged said:
willowtip willowtip willowtip

will that do it?
You'd be surprised.

Here's some more dangling carrots:

tipton
Goatsblood
Rune
Noise
Scream
Fastest delivery in the West!

If it's of any consequence, I once spoke at length with Andreas at The End Records and we discussed bands sending him demos. He says he receives about a box load every week, and he just passes it over. It's impossible nowaday because ANYONE can make a demo with a PC and a microphone.

He even has people sending him lyrics, and they suggest that if he likes the lyrics, they'll consider writing some accompanying music. I'm not kidding.

JayKeeley said:
He even has people sending him lyrics, and they suggest that if he likes the lyrics, they'll consider writing some accompanying music. I'm not kidding.
Good goat that's gay. Infinitely gayer than this:

Judas_Priest_7_-_Ozzfest_2004_-_lg.6355719.jpg

Halford loves the studs. :loco:

unhinged said:
well for the next cd i don't think any labels would even look at it
its sort of a between albums thing
the idea is this
one song - instrumental 25-30 minutes long
thats the bit we're trying to rehearse.
its pretty tough, there are no repeated parts

also following that there will be an ambient version made from the tracks of the instrumental 20-25 mins

and finally a third super-harsh version thats the soundtrack to a short animated film I'm making for it
all very conceptual haha

the packaging
will be a three panel fold out cardboard thing with a slipcase insert for he disk.
no plastic, no text and no fucking barcode
expensive, but I want to sell it cheap
Where do I sign up? Man, that's sounds fucking cool.

Might try At A Loss Recordings. I know Nate knows more about them, and it certainly seems Scald might fit there.

any suggestions are welcome

certainly if anyone has personal contact with a suitable non rip off professional operatrion thats not afraid to take risks
(bet that narrows it down)
but really sending demos to labels - you might as well bin 90% of them
I've been sending them the album full package and everything
I thought that might have made a diference but not much
you really need a direct contact or recomendation with these people to get separated from the pile.
I've had some in depth discussions with Mauro of Eibon / Canaan and he's recieving
fucking bucketloads of demos
he feels obliged to listen to them all just in case and I think he's becoming disenchanted with music as a result
but most labels don't and thats a fact
they'll play 2-3 minutes skip actoss a few tracks and then bin it or assign it to the 'form letter' pile

but headworm was always going to be an album not another demo, so if they can't accept that....well fuck em

we've actually had good response from a few labels, but its never the right guy making the decisions haha

there are a couple that are considering licencing shit right now
but I doubt that it'll come to much
one label has offered us the most horrendous rip off deal and I gave them a list of things that they'd done wrong with the offer and why it was shit
they say they want to work it out but I doubt they'll do much better

I'd rather keep control of our material rather than hand it over to a bunch of monkeys
even if abject poverty is the option

having had some shitty dealings with labels in the past I have confidence in few and respect for even fewer
so I automatically take a lot of labels out of the equasion anyway

that said I have good friends at a few labels now that I respect, that repect what we do and have given great advice, that wouldn't sign scald themselves purely on the grounds of thier own taste which is fair enough

but this is a great help when anaylising potential offers, haha