Ragnarokkr Main Stage 2016: JAG PANZER

You know what’s funny? I first heard Jag Panzer in 1997 when The Fourth Judgement came out and didn’t even know Ample Destruction existed. I just thought they were another great new power metal band. To be honest, I probably thought they were German at the time.

Ample Destruction is my favourite but they've got lots of great stuff.

Indeed. My second favorite is probably Mechanized Warfare (I have a soft spot for it as it was my first JP album -- Take To The Sky is a great opener). But literally all of their albums have good material on them that I'd love to see live. Having never seen them live before, as long as they have a strong and varied setlist, I'm stoked.:Smokin:

Just went through some tracks again for kicks. A few top tracks from each album:

The Scourge of Light:
-Condemned To Fight
-Call To Arms
-Union

Casting The Stones:
-The Mission
-Achilles
-Battered And Bruised

Mechanized Warfare:
-Take To The Sky
-Hidden In My Eyes
-Power Surge

Thane To The Throne (I'll defer to Lee on this one):
-King At A Price

Age of Mastery:
-Iron Eagle
-Chain of Command

The Fourth Judgement:
-Shadow Thief

Ample Destruction:
-Licensed To Kill
-Harder Than Steel
-Reign of the Tyrants

I would only want to see all of Ample and like 5 other songs. Nothing from Casting the Stones please.

Casting the Stones is okay (it was my second JP album and I liked it almost as much as Mechanized Warfare at the time, but the more of their catalog I listen to, the further down my list it drops)... But they did some of the same style of material better on Scourge of the Light and Mechanized Warfare, for sure.

tell us all about how it was back then

Liking an old album doesn't mean much else other than wanting to hear that album. Judging by the comments so far, it seems that's what most want to hear. However, I'd say I'm with Jason as I probably wouldn't complain with any era of songs.

Great news! Have been wanting to see them live for years, and regret not being able to when they played at Jaxx in Virginia back in like 2003 when I was a stupid teenager with no ride...hope they do all of Ample Destruction. I'm fine with all eras, really. Like someone else mentioned, I too have sort of a soft spot for Mechanized Warfare being that it was my first album by Panzer. Now I would be really surprised and glad if they played Out of sight, out of mind! :lol: