"Rainy Day" metal

Rei-kun

Old School Metalhead
Feb 8, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I need suggestions for bands on your days when you're not feeling so great. My tastes bounce around So I'll listen to Pagan's Mind just as quickly as I'll listen to Behemoth. I'm just wondering what songs bring you up when you're down.

Rain Without End by October Tide and Voyage 34 by Porcupine Tree, particularly the first two "phases."

I really *REALLY* don't see how a band like "The Gathering" would bring you up... If anything, they're exactly the band I don't want to hear to when I'm feeling down/depressed. Some of their albums/songs (as good as they are) can put people under suicide watch... :lol:

I really *REALLY* don't see how a band like "The Gathering" would bring you up... If anything, they're exactly the band I don't want to hear to when I'm feeling down/depressed. Some of their albums/songs (as good as they are) can put people under suicide watch...

I took this to mean LITERALLY a rainy day, much as we have here in Columbus today..... My suggestion was going to be some classic Pink Floyd, centered around "Shine on You Crazy Diamond", however, if you mean a downer of a day..... Then STEER CLEAR. :loco:

When I'm feeling down, I play Hammerfall. They make me feel fucking triumphant.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I'm feeling like that,I prefer thrash since its gets my blood pumping and makes me want to do something about the thing or person that has got me feelin down.Some Slayer,Kreator,Annihilator,anything with fast heavy gut busting guitar riffs...Hell Yeah!!!!!!

for literal rainy day stuff, i.e. when you aren't looking to be 'picked up' per se, one to go with is 'Diving into Darkness' by Darkseed..

Last edited by a moderator:
The last thing I want when I'm feeling down is some mellow or depressing metal. I go completely the other way, and listen to something fast, heavy, happy fun metal. Anything to get out of the funk and make me want to go conquer shit.