Rakoth - Tiny Deaths

THE ONE BY COLDARKNORD IS GOOD, BUT SO MUCH CLICHE', SO MUCH PREDICTABLE, SO MUCH "EVERYTHING PERFECT TO PLEASE EVERYONE" ... RAKOTH IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT... THE FIRST ONE BY THE BAND IS MUCH MORE "RAKOTH"

Originally posted by Emi
Rakoth deserve an original and diverse artwork, the one posted by LEE is excellent in my opinion, it's perfect for Rakoth...

U think Rakoth is so nice and deserve PoS cauz this? Everyone who see Photoshop for the first time can make shit like this one... U dont trust me? Ok, I'll show ye:

rakoth_fake.jpg

Specially I noted time : less than 4 minutes for all (with searching pic with house in the web). Point is using "Glass" effect from Eye Candy.

And do not forget, that anyone CD remains a commercial product and I make packing for it. "EVERYTHING PERFECT TO PLEASE EVERYONE" Its why Elitist changed cover art on re-release of Planeshift. And Im gonna buy new booklet version, cauz previous cover art looks shitty.

Your art is nice, I have to say, but whether it's suitable for Rakoth is another story. They're a very strange band, so the art would have to match.

I can't really see why folks don't like the intended sleeve I've posted. The art works as a whole as it'll fold out and you'll see the rest of the "story". Knowing Rakoth that won't be the cover anyway and it'll be changed at the last minute :) The whole thing is entirely down to the band themselves.

I'm a very big fan of Peppe who designed the Ephel Duath album and also the Planeshift re-issue. His use of colours and space really appeals to my aesthetic.

Lee

Hi Cold.

Everything's ok, as usual. Heheh...
I like your pic, but you know... It IS professional, yes, it IS beautiful. But just doesn't fit the album. The pic Lee posted wasn't meant to be "professional" or "see-how-I-can-paint". It is simple, yes. Maybe even primitive. But everything on the picture does have special meaning. That zig-zag line has a meaning. Some northern tribes use it as some symbol. Very important here. The building on the pic is not "just a building". It is a particular building, very important for some of Rakoth members. The very fact the zig-zag line is placed between the building and "nebular something" (heheh) is meaningful too.

:)

Odd odd odd odd odd... Maybe I do not understand a thing, but I'm kinda sharing the opinion of mr. ColdDarkNord... oddoddodd...