Randall Amps

The Amott sig is the V2 Ninja, right? I had one of those and stupidly sold it. Such an epic powerhouse of an amp.

Sold the T2, bought a marshall 800, best move ever.
The stock T2 is a muddy amp, don't ask me why I bought that thing.... I was looking for a solid state tone a la Dimebag, I couldn't find an old randall (RH100 g1 or whatever he wa susing) so I bought the t2 hoping for a brutal solidstate tone.
I was wrong. it's muddy as fuck, doesn't cut in a live situation and it's heavy as fuck for being solid state to carry around (I guess due to the big transformer like in tube amps)

The amott is just a v2 with a paint job... Seriously! Having said that... Our other guitarist endorses Randall and uses the v2. I like it ^_^

Ive got a V2, im not a big fan anymore. Its not very tubey, and is really muddy. Goodluck lasse!

My other guitarist has the T2 which i like a little better, but the V2 especially was difficult under the mic for me, i like the solid state overdrive better than the tube channel on it lol

I thought Gus G was with Blackstar?

now is with blackstar, before with randall.
At least the gus g t2 is a lot brighter thatn a regular t2, even gus thought it was a muddy amp so that's why his t2 is brighter.
I think they made it muddy to make you feel like you're playing a sweet/juicy tube amp. They made it too much muddy anyway
good luck getting a good tone on that amp

I think all of these amps are discontinued! The T2 is actually really sweet for leads I find. Also, it has WAY too much bass, anything past
10 oclock is rediculous.

Looking forward to this shootout!

edit: I actually think the T2 sounds better through a t75 than a v30, well, from other peoples cabs I've tried anyway.

The T2 is indeed a dark and bassy amp, unlike a Marshall. However, the EQ on the V2 definitely addresses that, tho. IMO

Overall, I don't think of them as muddy... just kinda like a Rectifier, to an extent, in the sense that they REALLY benefit from a boost. :)