Random appreciation post

ShadarLogoth

Long Dead God
Oct 1, 2005
Maine
www.shadar-logoth.com
Been cranking pursuit of the sun lately and that damn cd still hits me the same way it did when it was brand new, segue from ghosts of summers past to the end of August is one of my favorite musical section of all time. Rip Dave man, glad I got to experience your music when it was new and still jam to it today

It's that time of the year. I only can imagine what could we hear now, if David was still alive.

R.I.P. David

davidgold.jpg

It’s been three years. I can’t believe it’s been this long already. Although, I can’t say I feel much differently this time of year, or anytime I listen to Woods, despite the time that has passed.

As I’ve said in my previous posts this time of year, he still lives through his music. And as long as that exists, so will he. I’ve been cranking Woods hard the past few days. It’s a bittersweet experience, of course, but still an experience I enjoy. It makes me remember how important David’s music was and still is to me and how much David impacted this young man from mid-Michigan’s life in a way he probably never knew. I hope he knew. I’ll never forget the times chatting with him on the forum or MSN messenger (when that was a thing!). I’ll never forget Woods II in the mail and being so pumped not only for the album but because he included a handwritten personal note of thanks! Haha. Good times.

We all know that David struggled with various personal problems as it was very reflected in his music, which is probably why he related to so many. His intense humanity was something anyone could immediately identify with, and what made him such a remarkable human being in the first place.

May he know peace now, and forever.

RIP David.