random chat thread

You may call me count grishnackh....

And yeah i love that album from Disillusion , the rest that they did is quite poop. But that album is one of the best prog albums i've ever heard.

You may call me count grishnackh....

And yeah i love that album from Disillusion , the rest that they did is quite poop. But that album is one of the best prog albums i've ever heard.

I guess im lucky I have only heard back to times of splendor :lol:

I'm starting to lose my interest in gaming. It has become such a hype thing over the past few years. I mean sure some of em are great and i still do enjoy playing (looking forward to Dante's Inferno and Darksiders) some of em. But really it has become a thing for the masses now. In fact the gaming industry makes more profit then the movie industry at this point.

Waiting for another sleeper hit that only underground heads love..... Ah the good old days of Amplitude...

Lol. Some people should be euthanized.

Also, I like Battlefield more than the COD series...

Is anyone here into Stoner/Sludge at all btw ?

i'm listening to some bands, kyuss, acid king and nebula, but aside from that, i don't know so much, maybe you can recommend me some bands...

btw, speaking about festivals, dream is for free:

2yzkfp5.jpg

and this years maryland deathfest is also pure win

Dib, check that post of mine a couple of posts back. There's loads of good stoner and sludge bands on there. But sure i'll make you a list, the one's marked with the ** are amongst my favourits

{16}
A Storm Of Light **
Acid Bath
Baroness **
Bison B.C.
Bloodhorse
Kalas **
Kylesa **
The Psyke Project
Rhino
Snail

Blowback
Dozer
Electric Magma
Enojado **
Freedom Hawk
Goatsnake
Goblin Cock **
High On Fire **
Kaihoro
Lowrider **
Nightstalker
Orange Goblin **
Priestess **
Sleep (you can't say stoner without Sleep)
Truckfighters **
Yawning Man

I have been wanting to go for a few years now, seems to have taken over and raped Wacken as Europes biggest metal-festival!
My thoughts exactly. Wacken seems to get sold out regardless of what bands are playing, so I guess they don't even need to make an effort.. which leads to a fairly lame lineup. But I love that place anyway. :p

There's only one reason why i would want to go to Hellfest this summer. And that would be Godflesh, but knowing those kind of big festivals they cram em away on a little stage at a time which is retarded beyond insanity.

They've got Godflesh as well? Didn't see that one on the official list. But with bands like Bloodbath, Immortal, Behemoth, Suffocation, Dark Funeral, Kampfar, Secrets of the Moon, General Surgery, etc... I've already got enough reason to get tickets. Besides, summer fetivals are shitloads of fun no matter what lineup they've got.

damn next Hellfest sounds nice...

heres something totally unrelated though : my last nights dream :

Ok I was at my grandfathers house (btw the house was totally different from the real one and besides, he's dead now...) And me and 3 of my cousins managed to get inbetween the walls and we start to search for valuable stuff or hidden money since my grandparents were notoriously known for hiding money in their house. We found NOTHING but a the lost wallet of a baseball player...but in my dream, such a thing was a collectible of great value. So I managed to contact a group of buyers and managed to sell it for 420000$ The buyers group was German and was known as ''The german bounty hunters''

talk about fucking random

damn next Hellfest sounds nice...

Ok I was at my grandfathers house (btw the house was totally different from the real one and besides, he's dead now...) And me and 3 of my cousins managed to get inbetween the walls and we start to search for valuable stuff or hidden money since my grandparents were notoriously known for hiding money in their house. We found NOTHING but a the lost wallet of a baseball player...but in my dream, such a thing was a collectible of great value. So I managed to contact a group of buyers and managed to sell it for 420000$ The buyers group was German and was known as ''The german bounty hunters''

talk about fucking random

im trying to read between the lines to find some sense in it^^ but i cant find any. maybe you are a terrorist and you use this board for communication in your organisation? There must be a hidden hint in your message for another terrorist out there^^

As far as sludge and stoner metal go... I like both but havent dug in too far.

This is my absolute favorite song in the genre... and probably in the top 5 of my favorite songs ever.
Both Witch albums are mandatory, imo.

Here's more quality stoner and sludge bands: (warning: alot of stoner bands border on metal and rock, but... I guess if you're listening to it in the first place, you probably wont have a problem with rock)
Asteroid
Blind Dog
Bongzilla
Buzzov*en
High on Fire
SerpentCult
Down
Spiritual Beggars
Weedeater

Last edited by a moderator:
hey thanks for the stoner/sludge bands both Skanmar and Krow!!! i'll check some of them

dreams are really special you know

2exrmoi.jpg

hahahah

hahahaha true!!

from blabbermouth:

Ronnie James Dio diagnosed with cancer

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

"Long live rock and roll, long live Ronnie James Dio."

"Thanks to all the friends and fans from all over the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up."

get better DIO!!! :kickass::kickass:

wonder if Peter and crew are already working on a new N-A tour...

The gig I was supposed to attend is in 6 days :erk:

Have seen em only once, in 2005, they played for 38 minutes...

hard to swallow for a band you like since 1993, and has been your ultimate fave since 1996....