Random theological stuff - moved from Q about God

wait
let me fix this whole Mohammed issue

he had a grand total of 11 wives
the first 2 were actually older than him
aisha was 7 years old when she was "given" to him
and all the rest were the widows of his warrior freinds that died in battle

this 7 year old was the daughter of one of his freinds, the daughter was given to him as a "gift" for being such a great spiritual leader
this was durring the period of human history where females weren't really considered people
females were considered the property of their fathers (sometimes other male relatives) untill such time that they became married, when they become the property of their husbands
and although mohammed "married" her @ 7, he didn't actually have sex with her untill her 10th birthday, when it became socially acceptable for him to do so, he was having sex durring this period because he married someone else the same day as Aisha

Even if it was okay being a pedophile back then, it doesn't make it okay today.
Of course it doesn't, did I say it is okay?? Nope.

If someone massmurdered people 3000 years ago because it was nothing unnormal with killing people for no reason, does that make it okay?

It WAS okay, but it is not okay nowadays, even tho it still happening.

Of course it doesn't, did I say it is okay?? Nope.
Blowtus did apparently

It WAS okay, but it is not okay nowadays, even tho it still happening.[/QUOTE] Yes but today people pay the price for it.
Even though it was okay before, it's not now..So we know what happened IS wrong.

Yes but today people pay the price for it.
Even though it was okay before, it's not now..So we know what happened IS wrong.

What price? It's just a phenomena that still happening and that the society doesn't accept it anymore. I believe it's a psychological disorder.
And please stop arguing about something that both of us agree of :p

What objective structure of right/wrong as you adhering to here?

At absolute best, you can judge actions based on their social context, but even then it's risky to say what's right or wrong.

At absolute best, you can judge actions based on their social context, but even then it's risky to say what's right or wrong.

well
in the case of pedophilia, i'd look at whether or not the younger person was sexually enjoying the experience

if a cougar gets impregnated by a teenager, i really don't feel like she commited a crime, cuz the "boy" was getting erections and reaching orgasm, how the hell can you call that a "child molestation"?

i think we've talked about this before but
if a 14 year old girl gets a fake ID, uses it to get into a bar and then has sex with a male that's actually old enough to drink, then me personnally, i would feel like it's actually the girl that's commited the crime, not the guy

That got nowhere near to answering my question.

Both cases you mention are illegal, by the laws of most western nations. I agree that laws are highly subjective, despite what their makers claim, but I'm not sure how pointing out these particular incongruities helps to form some structure that we can work with.

well
in the case of pedophilia, i'd look at whether or not the younger person was sexually enjoying the experience

if a cougar gets impregnated by a teenager, i really don't feel like she commited a crime, cuz the "boy" was getting erections and reaching orgasm, how the hell can you call that a "child molestation"?

i think we've talked about this before but
if a 14 year old girl gets a fake ID, uses it to get into a bar and then has sex with a male that's actually old enough to drink, then me personnally, i would feel like it's actually the girl that's commited the crime, not the guy
Still the guy would be considered as guilty coz he's older and more aware of what he is doing.
I know someone who had this experience.
That got nowhere near to answering my question.

Could you explain your question better please?

I quote myself because I think it's clear.

Where exactly is this objective right/wrong stucture you're using coming from? What justifies you in using it? Personal understanding? Law? What?

It was the plural "you".

Also, not how you recognise right and wrong, but can you recognise right and wrong? Is it even possible?

no, personally I think right and wrong are subjective and depend on contexts. For me, what I consider Bad is whatever hurt any human being (me included) like killing, manipulating, deceiving, cheating, stealing, lying and so on. And Goods are the things that an individual/group of people can benefit from it over no one, i mean, without causing any harm whatsoever to anyone.
oops, sorry, i've just realized that (right and wrong) isn't (Good and Bad) !
well.. about right and wrong, it's up to the context and it's all about logic !

Logic can sometimes be cold.

The Romans realised that they could, logically, exploit their mines in Rio Tinto to their greatest material advantage only if they employed enormous slave labour. The life expectancy of a slave in Rio Tinto was less than one year, and they recieved small rations and worked 24/7 until they died.

In context that was perfectly reasonable (no ancient writer, that we know of, ever advocated slave emanciptation) and also, in context, quite logical.

Do you, then, consider it right?

Logic can sometimes be cold.

The Romans realised that they could, logically, exploit their mines in Rio Tinto to their greatest material advantage only if they employed enormous slave labour. The life expectancy of a slave in Rio Tinto was less than one year, and they recieved small rations and worked 24/7 until they died.

In context that was perfectly reasonable (no ancient writer, that we know of, ever advocated slave emanciptation) and also, in context, quite logical.

Do you, then, consider it right?
That's a good example.If i understood the example well, their logical "theory" (if it's right to call this a theory) was right in a practical way. So I consider it right. But the fact that it does harm someone it is bad. Otherwise, I misunderstand the true meaning of Right and Good.
And Qur'an advocated slave emancipation and so did the prophet.(just an info)

Your begging the question - is context an excuse? Is anything "right" just because the standards of it's day didn't condemn it?