random thoughts of the day

The new Anathema album is DONE!

pagan said:
it is no more... it has ceased to be... bereft of life... it rests in peace... if we hadn't brought in steven wilson it would be pushing up the daisies...

this... is an ex.... album!

i'm done with it... now its your turn!!!

Cant wait to hear it!!!! :hotjump:

Yeah Im like 70% exited about the album. I just like last week or so got into the Natural Disaster album and before that I haven't liked any album except Judgement from Anathema. The reason why I still kept listening the band was because Judgement is probably my favourite album of all times but it is so strange that any other album from them doesnt give me anything exceptional. Natural Disaster album have grown and is growing on me ATM like a motherfucker so I guess I'll get my Anathema feelings up for the new album heh.

If you like Judgement there shouldnt be any problems getting into Eternity, it has some of the best riffs they have done, pretty shitty sound though. Give it time, it will grow on you.

Actually, I think they have released four new songs the last few years, I think all of them are on the album, reworked and some with new names, Ann Further is now called Thin Air if I recall correct.

This is the best one of them imo...
If the rest of the album lives up to this, it will be another masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to get that album again, haven't heard SOD in years.

Im not sure, but out of context i dont think shape of despair can be shortened to SOD :)
SOD-SpeakEnglish.jpg