random thoughts of the day

I have two hard drives, one for the OS and programs, and the other one for my stuff. That way, if something happens, I don't lose my stuff. Used to have two partitions but I think it's better this way. I also have a notebook that's actually my mother's but she rarely uses it. It's useful to store things too.
I hate formatting. Bah, what I hate most is having to re-install all the programs, I find it tedious. That should be easy and fast but I don't do the usual install, I have to go and reconfigure every program, see that no additional entry has been added at the startup, etc. I'm very obsessive when it comes to my computer.

Im not sure, but out of context i dont think shape of despair can be shortened to SOD :)
SOD-SpeakEnglish.jpg
:lol: smartass

here's a thought...there used to be an opeth forum here in UM.
during my absence it disappeared. does anyone know what happened to it?

Too many trolls, and spammers. The straw that broke the camel's back was when someone made light of the fact that a friend of Mike's had passed away I believe. He said he can't be directly supporting, and associated with a place like that.

Too many trolls, and spammers. The straw that broke the camel's back was when someone made light of the fact that a friend of Mike's had passed away I believe. He said he can't be directly supporting, and associated with a place like that.

It was for the better.

although the opeth forum actually started out as one of the most interesting ones on um.
They had some really great musical discussions, and I can even mention all the bands I discovered through it.

ah yeah, i used to lurk on there back in like 2006 or so, signed up in 07. it was great for a while but once watershed came out it started to go to shit a bit

It was the opeth forum that got me eventually familiraized with "Dan Swanö, bloodbath, Katatonia, the project hate mcmxcix, amon amarth and many others...tis a shame to see it go.
I remember the trolls started coming to the Opeth forum after Ghost Reveries was released...that album gave them(Opeth) a lot more worldwide recognition(I'm assuming because they signed to Roadrunner and the music was much better imo) so some time after the forum was closed(due to having ghost reveries leaked to the net some 2 months before the release date) the trolls started coming and I pretty much stopped posting. so I guess it got a lot worse.
The photoshopeth thread was hilarious
RIP

actually, the opeth forum was re-opened around the release of ghost reveries :p

yes obviously...that was implied in my post.
it was closed some time after it was leaked and reopened some time around the release date.
also the photoshopeth thread started after the release o ghost reveries so the form was obviously reopened

so i was cleaning my basement today and i found the best thing ever...

random mixed tape an old friend made for me, filled with punk and grind, nothing passes cleaning time like a walkman full of grind...

ahhh nostalgia