random thoughts of the day

Actually the British song was the crappiest one if you ask me. Hate that vocal style...just horrible.

But yes, Norway rules :D

Over 300 points more than sweden...madness..

Liked Estonias song the best..and Moldova..haha.

norway deserved it.. it was a catchy, well written popsong, and he actually wrote it himself unlike 99% of the rest who just hires proffesionals.

(btw. we are so metal in this forum :D)

depsite of what my sig says, adulthood brought yet another advantage. I don't have to participate in norways national day anymore (which is today). yay.

And norways should send a drugged Nattefrost to ESC.

Awwwww mon petite chou! :p Eurovision, c'est toujours terrible!!! :lol:
oui, toujours terrible.. but France is ALWAYS one of the most ridiculous, it's a shame !

Don't worry, Russia was worse :p
I've found Russia very nice ! It was hard to be worst than Patricia Kaas.
I am disapointed that Sweden didn't get more points, I've found the girl and her song really great. But guy from Norway was one of the best (and was really.. hum...
boumboum_gif-2bca.gif
)

Am I going to destroy the one relationship I've believed in because I don't want children...the last days have been devestating to me and her. Tears all over the place...fuck..there's no way out of this one..funny thing is that it was her birthday yesterday..and we got through it. Still when we kiss each other off to work, there's the sad glare behind the loving smile of hers...no matter what we do it's gonna be wrong...løajksd

Am I going to destroy the one relationship I've believed in because I don't want children...the last days have been devestating to me and her. Tears all over the place...fuck..there's no way out of this one..funny thing is that it was her birthday yesterday..and we got through it. Still when we kiss each other off to work, there's the sad glare behind the loving smile of hers...no matter what we do it's gonna be wrong...løajksd

Children aren't bad.
Just make sure you're 100% certain on this one.
It would be horrible if the relationship gets wasted because of this and you change your mind afterwards.
So think it over really, really thoroughly!

little poem...
There once a morose Melonhead
who sat there all day
and wished he where dead
But you shoul be careful
about the things that you wish
Because the last things he herd
was a deafening squish!!!!
tim burton
(book: the melancholy death of Oster Boy & other strories)

When my wife started talking about kids i was terrified.. i never wanted kids.. I was supposed to be young and live life.
but as she got pregnant i started to rethink my life, and realized that this is what it is all about.
i really want to spend my life with my wife, and have a family with her,
and now i must say.. my daugher is the best thing that could ever have hapened to me.
Everyday i cant wait to get home to play football or games, or just lay in bed listening to music with her (even though she listenes to ESC music ;))

My humble point is.. i dont think that anyone really feels ready to have a child untill you realize that you are actually going to be a father/mother.
you can long for it, and imagine what it is, but believe me, everything you think is wrong.
it is better in every way.

I remember one of the first things i thought about when i realized i was going to be a father was the first time my kid would say "pappa" (dad).
I imagined it would be wonderfull, but in reality wonderfull is nothing.
today, everytime she says it i just cant describe the feeling. there is nothing like it. even though she says it every day.

anyway.. my daghter is 6 this summer, and i have loved every single day as a parent, and for the rest of my life i cant say that there is anything that could ever have been better than having a daughter.

Great great post Hobo!
Alltough I can't see myself having a child somehow. But as you said, I can't know what it would be when it was just there one day.
For now I'm happy with my dog ;)

When my wife started talking about kids i was terrified.. i never wanted kids.. I was supposed to be young and live life.
but as she got pregnant i started to rethink my life, and realized that this is what it is all about.
i really want to spend my life with my wife, and have a family with her,
and now i must say.. my daugher is the best thing that could ever have hapened to me.
Everyday i cant wait to get home to play football or games, or just lay in bed listening to music with her (even though she listenes to ESC music ;))

My humble point is.. i dont think that anyone really feels ready to have a child untill you realize that you are actually going to be a father/mother.
you can long for it, and imagine what it is, but believe me, everything you think is wrong.
it is better in every way.

I remember one of the first things i thought about when i realized i was going to be a father was the first time my kid would say "pappa" (dad).
I imagined it would be wonderfull, but in reality wonderfull is nothing.
today, everytime she says it i just cant describe the feeling. there is nothing like it. even though she says it every day.

anyway.. my daghter is 6 this summer, and i have loved every single day as a parent, and for the rest of my life i cant say that there is anything that could ever have been better than having a daughter.

Thanks Hobo :)
I'm glad it worked out for you..really!

I'm hope that this would be the case with me too. But as Vincent said, I should be sure about this..I see so many breakups happening just after birth. It's a terrible thing to see..for everybody involved. I hear so many different things from from friends who have had children. Some say the things you say, others say it took them months and months before they managed to see the good part of it and some break up.

I know my gf will need me more and more when she is pregnant, much because of the hormonal madness they go through. I must be strong and certain of this mentally to not give up if she turns into a horrible hormonal thing..heh..it's not easy to cope with if I'm uncertain...

It boils down to the old fear of commitment. Fear over love? I know I love her and that our relationship is very strong. We always communicate great...better than I ever thought I could with a girl. Not now though, we're quiet most of the time..some moments I get the feeling that we're coming close to normal again...but all of a sudden the silence is back and we just look at each other with these sad eyes.

I don't talk to anyone about this..so this seems to be my only outlet. I have tons of friends and family, but so far I just can't talk to them about it now. Some will say "follow your heart"..heh, right. Nothing is more silly than a gut feeling. 1 out of 5 times my gut/heart/intuition is right. Logical thinking works better for me..of course it's not without a heart. Jeez... My closest friends will say...ouch..and ask a couple of good questions about how I feel about it. Do you love her? What's the worst thing that could happen? Is it so bad? etc..and it all will boil down to one answer..."you'll have to figure this thing out for yourself, but I'm with you no matter what"

It's good to see your post though Hobo...it fills me with some kind of hope. While Vincent does say also much of what I'm thinking...I must be certain..but then again..I don't think I'll ever be certain and maybe just have to jump into it and then see...but that feels even more wrong. There really is no right here...for me that is. So I should make a list..can't trust the heart, cause it it says "flee!" ...heh..

Apologies for the long post.