Randomness

After watching the news coverage of Manly winning the NRL i've come to the glorious realisation that never again will a huge crowd of people chanting for beaver be a televised news piece.

I still don't think it beats Rabs' champagne commentary in an Eagles/Roosters clash earlier this year when Big Willie gave Beaver a slamming. It's probably the only time I've heard Phil Gould unable to speak for more than 10 seconds.

I still don't think it beats Rabs' champagne commentary in an Eagles/Roosters clash earlier this year when Big Willie gave Beaver a slamming. It's probably the only time I've heard Phil Gould unable to speak for more than 10 seconds.

Yeah that is a classic.. up there with some of the old premier league commentary in england with the classic "michael owen has lobbed seaman from 30 yards" & "people didn't pay good money to see seaman dribbling around in the box"

that stuff will stick with me forever... pun intended

Here's a question for those of you that actually pay bills...

What are your average electricity bills like? I just got slugged over $600 for a quarter in which I was being a lot more conservative than usual with power (not using clothes dryer at all, turning stereo etc off instead of standby, lights off when not used, all desktop PCs disconnected and only used the work laptop most of the time, shorter showers). Previous bills have been around $400 which I thought was bad enough. I know the cost of energy has gone up but 3466 kWh in a single quarter when no-one is even in the house most of the time is ridiculous.

What are your average electricity bills like? I just got slugged over $600 for a quarter in which I was being a lot more conservative than usual with power (not using clothes dryer at all, turning stereo etc off instead of standby, lights off when not used, all desktop PCs disconnected and only used the work laptop most of the time, shorter showers). Previous bills have been around $400 which I thought was bad enough. I know the cost of energy has gone up but 3466 kWh in a single quarter when no-one is even in the house most of the time is ridiculous.

Our most expensive electricity bill was like $250. Thats for 3 people also. Liam (lil brother) leaves his giant computer on all the time, we have a electricity chewing heater on alot to.. thats me and my TV being on most of the nigh and... using our clothes dryer all the time as the bitch upstairs wont let us use the washing line. So yeah, that is pretty steep dude.

Yeah we just got stung a fair whack more than that for the last quarter. i guess thats due to all the tv's, heaters & dryers being on.

I'd take that with a grain of salt as well. Aside from having the best cover art since St Anger:

1) "This I Love" and "Prostitute" are the same song to the best of my knowledge, simply misnamed in leaks as with "Chicken Dinner" and "Shackler's Revenge"

2) I've always had a strong suspicion "Sorry" was just "Better" with an earlier name since the only mention of it thus far was in a Sebastian Bach interview where he basically described the bit where it goes "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" etc. I'm probably completely off the mark with that one.

3) "The Blues" is absent from that track list. Again, no "official" word as to what tracks will be included but since it's been included in their tours and there are pretty good studio versions of it floating around I'd assume it will be on the actual album.

If that actually IS the final track list, I wondering if there are many actual 'new' tracks or if "Scraped", "Street of Dreams" and "Sorry" just are renamed versions of existing leaks absent on the album ("Silkworms", "The Blues" etc).

Sweet optical illusion.
Look at the picture long enough and you'll see a giraffe.
me_197.gif