RANT: Fuck You Avid!!

Just make stereo audio tracks, route each of your stems to a separate one, hit record. Then shift+cmd+K (or whatever on PC) to export. If you print all the stems at once, then you only have to do each song once. I know it'd be easier with an offline bounce, but that's about the fastest way do do it in PT.

I bet the offline bounce will be a ground-breaking uniquely new super-awesome feature in PT 10.

I'm glad Avid is always so much ahead of any other companies.

In commercial recording studios I've seen the real-time bounce come in handy when working on music, as clients are always finding things they would like tweaked slightly during the bounce (which means more $ for the studio and a better final product.) This being said, it would be nice to at least have an option.

Just make stereo audio tracks, route each of your stems to a separate one, hit record. Then shift+cmd+K (or whatever on PC) to export. If you print all the stems at once, then you only have to do each song once. I know it'd be easier with an offline bounce, but that's about the fastest way do do it in PT.

this

Dude, if you consolidate each track, select them all, (regions not the tracks), then on the region list on your RIGHT click on the top button, export as (or something similar), choose wav or whatever. Done..... as quick as copying a file on your hard-drive :zipit:

offline bounce is overrated. i use logic which can do it but if you use any kind of hardware offline bounce is no option.

root everything to audio tracks and press record.
then go into the project folder and copy out the tracks

hope this helps

yeah...rout tracks/busses to new tracks and record as opposed to.. sol.. bounce to disk.. solo... bounce to disk.

Thanks guys but its still retarded any way you look at it. Thank god this is only a project I am working on and I wont have to deal with PT again for a while. I just had to get the tracks out and into my system for mixing as the artists just has a standard pro tools install with no add ons and I wasn't quite achieving the sounded I wanted with the stock plug ins.

This is just totally silly to not have this option ...lol

Ill stick to Sonar :)

I thought I read some where that PT does its vast majority of processing in real time due to how the engine is coded. I don't think you'll be seeing an offline option any time soon.

I bet the offline bounce will be a ground-breaking uniquely new super-awesome feature in PT 10.

I'm glad Avid is always so much ahead of any other companies.

HAHA.

Unfortunately if I was a betting man, I'd say you won't see offline bouncing in PT for a LONG TIME. I know a few people on the alpha and beta teams and the general consensus is that PT is held together with tape within the code, and changing anything that drastic would require a total rewrite. There's rumors that a team of coders are starting that process, but it could take years....

However, I'd love to be wrong.

I thought I read some where that PT does its vast majority of processing in real time due to how the engine is coded. I don't think you'll be seeing an offline option any time soon.

Yep, hence Real Time Audio Suite (RTAS)
I think I heard that Avid are working on it, but to be honest I've never seen it as a problem...

That's one of the major turn-off I get from PT...

Saying people have hardware is an invalid argument. They could just implement it. You would offline render, they would real-time render.

People who have hardware don't care, and it's understandable. But it's a major lack for the rest of us and I'm pretty sure it's not a strategic decision.

use to miss it, now I love it.
cause I ALWAYS find something to tweak again while it's bouncing....I think usually because it often is the first time you're hearing the song without looking at the screen

I've got crossgraded to PCIe...and AVID gave me a fre upgrade to PT9, an iLok2 and HEAT on top of it...I quite liked that tbh.
(but I admit that the crossgrade was expensive enough to begin with ;) )

render.jpg

Also, all what you are describing is what I'm doing with either :
- shutting my monitor off, or closing my eyes, to have the big picture
- exporting (10x) and then listening as a wav/mp3 in a media player so that I don't have a mixer or waves to look at and distract me

Also, all what you are describing is what I'm doing with either :
- shutting my monitor off, or closing my eyes, to have the big picture
- exporting (10x) and then listening as a wav/mp3 in a media player so that I don't have a mixer or waves to look at and distract me

Look we get what you're saying. Things would be quicker with an offline bounce. I feel it's not that big of an issue. I'm not prepared to switch DAW's to save 3 minutes bouncing. The advantages Pro Tools gives me over other DAW's greatly outweighs the need for an offline bounce.

I personally take FREQUENT ear breaks while mixing, usually at bounce down. There are also a few better, much faster solutions to guru's problem above, which we outlined for him. I just don't see the end of the world coming from the lack of an offline bounce.