rap music after 98 Sucks balls

prime666

Feb 4, 2002
NY
www.myspace.com
In the last month Ive heard rap groups sample, steal or pay off members of Zepplin, Ozzy, Sabbath era tunes and its pissing me off! Help me out here folks. Does anybody in rap bands these days write any original music or do they just steal riffs and beats from real artists. Rap has become a genre of music that I hope dies of an AIDS inflected death quicker then Disco.
I posted a similar thread on the Anthrax board. I'd like several opinions on this one if you all don't mind.

I agree with you Prime. Rap used to be cool when it was an underground style, the message was heavy as fuck back then. It´s been a long time when it turned into mainstream shit.

it is well known that there is no rap artist. it takes one dude to write a beat, which he actualy stole samples from musicians who actualy spent time writting it and then u just put a bunch of dude behind a mic talkin about how much girls and money they got....wow i'm soooo fuckin impressed by that...by the way here is the biggest sellout of music history ever, Linkin Park and Jay-Z team up album...they say they do it for the music but its more for that phat paycheck.

Yeah what ever happened to shit like NWA.................Those fucks were angry..........now days they dont put feeling into it ...........I always liked ganster rap.......It was so fake......But it had feeling

Rap is definitely not made my "artists". These ppl aren't creating a damn thing.

All the fuckin rap videos are exactly alike too. Gimme a break where's the creativity in the same 'ol thing over and over again.

Ever see a clip of a rap concert? Boring. Bunch of dudes with mikes in their hands just walking around on stage. Nothing to see. No great guitar solo, or drum solo or anything to keep you interested.

There's not even decent rap lyrics anymore. All they ever seem to talk about is material things. How shallow can you get. Doesn't sound like artists to me.

I am sick of having it shoved down my throat on a daily basis too. Mtv plays it constantly. It is practically ingrained in our culture now, and i for one am sick and tired of it.

I am REALLY sick of white guys acting like they actually do come from a ghetto. Holy Shit...that has to be the worst part of it all.

They should play the Wigga video on TRL. I'd like to see how well that would go over.

I agree with pretty much all of the above statements but I have to say that Jurassic 5 was pretty kick ass live. I seen them 2 summers ago on Lollapaloozer( I went to see QOTSA) and I have to say that they have an excellent stage presence and are pretty damn good musicians also.....They did not have any turntables or anything and they all played electronic drums and shit it was pretty damn amazing....The Roots are pretty cool too.
Jay Z, 50 Cent( god I wish he would get shot 9 more times) Ja Rule, and all the other crap that I don't care to hear but is popular among the Suburban Gangstas is weak and pure shit. The real sad thing though, is rappers are the new rock stars if you know what I mean. They got all the money and party it up like in the days when Zeppelin bought there plane and had tons of cash and groupies and such. Does that make sense?
I have to tip my hat to Suge Knight though he seems to live and act like a gangster if thats something to be proud of. I would be definitely scared of the dude if I seen him.

I have know idea why those words are coming up like they are links to something...Hmmmm interesting does it show up on your guy's screen

Rap blows. It's just people talking really fast to computer noises. Talentless bullshit. Also, most rappers are gay. Think about it. Rappers are always wearing shiney jewlery, which is really gay. Rappers also say they got nothing but "love for their homies" and how they're going to make somebody their "bitch". 50 Cent loves to get shot in the face, that's why his teeth are so shiney, and Biggie and 2 Pac were both plugged up.

i love to start shit, but not now...just like MOST other forms of music, there is a hip hop underground, and its just like everything else, some good, some bad. ALL of hip hop is not about money and girls and gay shit like that, the underground is about the talent, and yes there is talent in rhyming. if you heard the right m.c's, youd understand, but i seriously doubt anyone on here is going to be open minded enough to try. there are a few m.c's that would just flat out make you shit your pants with the way they can use words. and as far as "ripping off" other peoples shit to get beats, im gettin my feet wet with the recording studio, and its trickier than you think, you got to match up the right notes, melodies and so on and so on. FUCK ANYTHING, AND EVERYTHING "HIP HOP" ON MTV, JUST LIKE FUCK ALL THE METAL ON MTV.

gaschamber have u tried Live4 yet...if not then you actualy do not know how easy it is to create a beat, computer software have taken the whole hiphop thing to an other level, i've witnessed it with my own eyes various beatmakers at work(i sat on beatmakin session for Lil Kim so that is as pro as it gets), its really really really fuckin simple. . i mix for hiphop guys and yes there is talent in ryhming, but its not just about how u ryhm, its about what u ryhm and most of them are dumb niggaz who just want in for the money, few are in for the good of music. Here are the only artist i recommend for any of you to listen to, they actualy have talent, The Roots, Talib Kwali, and Moss Def (his last album his fuckin rockin, amaizing tracks on there)

I know I'm like a broken record but check out necro. Ther has to be some clips somewhere. I'll try to find a link. I bought it about 2 months ago and I still listen to it. Its as evil as any old NWA. Its just fun to listen to. He uses charlie manson clips,silence of the lambs and other sick fucking samples.

i recomend to everyone to check out necro, non phixion, copywrite, cage, weathermen,aesop rock, and most of the stuff on eastern conference, and about the whole beat makin thing, i wasnt saying it is the hardest shit to do, cause i do play 4 instruments, and they are harder to play than a fuckin computer keyboard, but to get a GOOD/ ORIGINAL beat, with alot of shit going on in it, is more difficult, than say just your run of the mill mix tape shit. i like a lot of hip hop, but i will say that white people do it better than blacks, i may like whities better cause i can relate to SOME of the shit more than being black and poor as a kid and sellin rocks. people like 50 cent need to spend less time and money getting new jewlery that says his fuckin gay name, and spend more time into what got his name on that jewlery.

rappers are always the first ones to bitch about how poor they are and shit but once they get the millions, few of them actualy do something with it for the community and instead send a message that says that somehow being getho is kool. pretty pathetic!

CoverUinOil said:
rappers are always the first ones to bitch about how poor they are and shit but once they get the millions, few of them actualy do something with it for the community and instead send a message that says that somehow being getho is kool. pretty pathetic!
And another thing, what is is that rappers always bitch about how things are so bad in the ghetto, yet try so hard to act "ghetto"?

haha, this is turning more into a black bashing thread now. because for the most part they have primitive mind sets. a very savage and uncivilized, i think its funny that they wear the most expensive clothes and jewlery, and go home to this roach infested cess pool. but as long as they look good for other people, thats all that matters.

real quick thought, i just for the most part dont like how they use "racism" as a crutch for EVERYTHING...if they get caught stealing-its cause theyre black and oppressed, not cause they are taking what isnt theirs...for the stand up comedians, name ONE black comedian besides BILL COSBY that DOESNT use racism as their whole fucking act. ya ya ya, blacks and whites are different, GET A LITTLE FUCKIN ORIGINALITY. ive heard those jokes too fuckin much and their all the same stupid mindless shit entertainment.

FUCK WANDA SYKES!

gaschamber said:
real quick thought, i just for the most part dont like how they use "racism" as a crutch for EVERYTHING...if they get caught stealing-its cause theyre black and oppressed, not cause they are taking what isnt theirs...for the stand up comedians, name ONE black comedian besides BILL COSBY that DOESNT use racism as their whole fucking act. ya ya ya, blacks and whites are different, GET A LITTLE FUCKIN ORIGINALITY. ive heard those jokes too fuckin much and their all the same stupid mindless shit entertainment.
Thank's for bringing that up. On the subject of black comedians, I think it's bullshit that blacks get away with making fun of whites, but the second a white comedian makes fun of blacks, it's labeled racist. And it's also bullshit that black rappers use the word "my pals" in their songs, and call eachother "my pals" but if a white rapper did that, it's racist. Complete hyprocisy.

old school headbanger said:
Yeah what ever happened to shit like NWA.................Those fucks were angry..........now days they dont put feeling into it ...........I always liked ganster rap.......It was so fake......But it had feeling
That was exactly what I meant to say, Old School. Gangsta rap kicked ass back then.

Cryptkeeper said:
Thank's for bringing that up. On the subject of black comedians, I think it's bullshit that blacks get away with making fun of whites, but the second a white comedian makes fun of blacks, it's labeled racist. And it's also bullshit that black rappers use the word "my pals" in their songs, and call eachother "my pals" but if a white rapper did that, it's racist. Complete hyprocisy.
George Carlin makes fun of blacks. Then again he makes fun of everybody.