Rapture

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
Very underrated Doom/Death band that is one of my favorites of the genre (next to ND of course). Not a bad track on any of their 3 albums. Curious on what Larry and the boys think of them, also the rest of you. What are the chances of Rapture ever touring the U.S. (as far as I know they never have).
They would be a perfect opener for Novembers Doom on their upcoming U.S. tour. A man can wish.

Rapture are a good band. My wife used to listen to them quite a bit, the cds Futile and Songs For The Withering. I don't recall if we ever got the third cd or not. It's very good for what it is, but honestly, I don't listen to much doom-type music these days. However I will say Rapture are one of the better bands from that scene that I'd be more likely to listen to.

Not sure how likely it would be for a band like them to tour the U.S. When even bands like Katatonia and Moonspell, who have much more prominent profiles here in the States than Rapture, are only able to draw a few hundred people per show at best, I don't think it's too likely. Unless they were to get brought in for a particular fest, or part of a larger bill with enough other bands of their ilk to draw a reasonable crowd. It'd be great to share the stage with them someday though, especially in Europe.

I figured you would dig their style and yes they did release a third album in 05' i believe named "The Silent Stage". I recommend it if you enjoyed Futile and Songs for the Withering. It's a bit catchier at times, mainly the choruses. Nothing too catchy tho'. Last years Powerfest would have been perfect for them.

Belligerent said:
What are the chances of Rapture ever touring the U.S.

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about the Rapture in the end of days.... in which case the chances are pretty damn good! I can't say I've ever heard the band Rapture before though. :(

Is there really a point to the 3mb sig, Belligerent? Some people have a bandwidth limit yaknow...