Rare 1976 RAINBOW Shows To Surface On CD

TheWhisper

Cobra Kai Never Dies
Apr 12, 2004
Brandon, FL USA
RAINBOW fan site The Rainbow Fanclan Legacy (www.rainbowfanclan.com) has issued the following report:

Darker Than Blue (The Deep Purple Collectors Service) has announced the release of three complete concerts from Rainbow's 1976 European Tour in Germany on CD.

The first release will be Live in Cologne 1976. Tracklist: 'Kill The King', 'Mistreated', 'Sixteenth Century Greensleeves', 'Catch The Rainbow', 'Man On The Silver Mountain', 'Stargazer', 'Still I'm Sad', 'Do You Close Your Eyes'.

Three of Rainbow's German shows from 1976 have been remixed to form special collectors releases to mark the 30th anniversary of the first world tour. These have been produced primarily for Japan but will also be issued in Europe via AFN in Germany. The first release is Sept 25, 1976 Cologne issued as a 2CD in jewel case. Dusseldorf and Nurnberg will follow. Keep an eye on the deep-purple.net site for progress reports.

:headbang:

Tha's cool. I find that Rainbow's live recordings are even better than their studio masterpieces. There are some excellent rainbow boots in circulation.

What's wierd about that release? Has the same setlist as "Live in Germany" and almost the same as "On Stage".

I'll like to see a live album from the last Dio days or from the Graham Bonnet days.