rare prog from early 70s

inaeturnum said:
Hello fellows. I hope that posting own song to this thread isn't too arrogant.
Just thought that you could give some feedback...yes, that would be fantastic.
so here's the link:
http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=37808

And I prefer song: death surrounds us. Because it's newest and with solid band.

Thanks.

not really feeling it. but not bad, decent musicianship.

well, after more listening to the Wobbler debut...i can give it an accurate and full review.

This band, has indeed changed their aproach since the demos. Not for the worse, and some might debate if the change was for the better...but they set out to do one thing. Make classic sounding authentic progressive rock music. In fact...they do it so WELL, that at times i have to remind myself im not listening to King Crimson, or Genesis or Yes. Their songs are on the long, complex and melodic side...which is all great...and well executed. Track 1 opens with a mellotron symphonic intro, sounding much like Cathedral, or early Moody Blues in some ways. Track 2 in its entirety has at least 4 seperate segments of considerable change, transition and mood. During this song they take turns in the spotlight while creating atmospheres and soundscapes very much resembling Genesis, King Crimson...and even some Steve Howe/Chris Squire guitar and basswork very reminiscent of fragile or the yes album. The range of instruments on this album is extraordinary...practically every vintage progressive rock idiom has been touched upon. Acoustic guitars, melodic bass, technical drums, mellotron, rhodes piano, hammond organ, electric guitar, psychadelic rants and some occasional real string use i beleive. Overall im very pleased with this album, and its a fantastic alternative to the constant rotation of the usual suspects...yet still acheiving a similar but fresh sound. My only complaint is that i wish they had a bit more of the originality and personal style as they did on the demos. But overall: theyre talented, theyre interesting, theyre fun...and it takes you on a musical (and trippy) trip, just as how this music was intended to be. Pick it up: Wobbler - Hinterland 8/10

NineFeetUnderground said:
My only complaint is that i wish they had a bit more of the originality and personal style as they did on the demos.
same here. agreed that it's a great album though, i'd probably give it a 9 myself.

oh and I finally got around to downloading some Dungen songs the other day and was very impressed :) good stuff... shame they're not coming to my corner during their US tour.

R0l0 said:
same here. agreed that it's a great album though, i'd probably give it a 9 myself.

oh and I finally got around to downloading some Dungen songs the other day and was very impressed :) good stuff... shame they're not coming to my corner during their US tour.

yea, thats a shame man. defintely check them out when you can. i cant wait to see them on the 9th.

out of curiosity, what of theirs did you download? albums? songs? what did you like, not like, etc? im curious to hear what people think about this fantastic, yet still quite unknown band.

NineFeetUnderground said:
out of curiosity, what of theirs did you download? albums? songs? what did you like, not like, etc? im curious to hear what people think about this fantastic, yet still quite unknown band.
They seem to have a bit of a following in the indie scene, or at least that's what I gather from reading online reviews of their album. I downloaded the "Ta Det Lugnt" album and I’m especially liking the title track and the first + last songs on the album.

Really like the wide array of instruments used (and many vintage ones at that), and that I could hear a ton of 60s/70s/jazz/modern rock influence throughout the record. The vocals make the songs nice and catchy while the song structures remain pretty complex... and the band seems to have their distinct sound despite the sometimes blatant influences.

my only gripe is that I can't understand the vocals, though maybe it's a good thing. also there are parts of songs that come off as boring because the vocalist is doing a verse without much change going on in the background... again, probably something that would be remedied if I understood Swedish.
definitely going to pick this one up
icon14.gif

R0l0 said:
They seem to have a bit of a following in the indie scene, or at least that's what I gather from reading online reviews of their album. I downloaded the "Ta Det Lugnt" album and I’m especially liking the title track and the first + last songs on the album.

Really like the wide array of instruments used (and many vintage ones at that), and that I could hear a ton of 60s/70s/jazz/modern rock influence throughout the record. The vocals make the songs nice and catchy while the song structures remain pretty complex... and the band seems to have their distinct sound despite the sometimes blatant influences.

my only gripe is that I can't understand the vocals, though maybe it's a good thing. also there are parts of songs that come off as boring because the vocalist is doing a verse without much change going on in the background... again, probably something that would be remedied if I understood Swedish.
definitely going to pick this one up
icon14.gif

i definitely recommend picking up all 3 releases. theyre all fairly different from eachother actually. ta det lungt is probably their best...the most complex and trippy. the 2nd album is more organic, and more folky, but maybe the catchiest. and the debut is the most psychadelic to me...and the most experimental, but also quite good.

^ hah, I bet there's torrents of it up already. I think i heard somewhere they're going to make a DVD as well.

looks like I'm going to check out those other Dungen releases once I digest ta det lugnt. speaking of which, I was listening to it in the car today and DAMN it felt good... it's one of those albums that you can crank up in your car on a nice sunny day :cool: