rare prog from early 70s

No, I haven't. I'll see if I can find them.

Edit: Found 'em both on eMusic (about the only way I get music now besides Opeth). Any idea what albums are good? The Pulsar stuff is categorized as electronica?? But it's the band you're talking about.

for pulsar download Strands of the Future and Halloween by them. those are their 2nd and 3rd albums, ive heard some from both and it sounds really good.

as far as Eloy is concerned, Ocean sounds really good. it's also been said to be their "masterpiece" by several sites.

give em a listen, let me know what u think, whether they're buyable. :)

Ack. None of those albums are available. I can get the Eloy box set, though. It's re-recorded with most of the original members as I understand it. It has stuff from Ocean on it. I'll let you know if I download it this month. More likely to get more Nektar or maybe some Anekdoten, though.

So I decided to get:

Nektar - Remember the Future
Amon Duul II - Yeti
Pink Floyd - London 1966/1967

Haven't listened to any yet.... I'm hopeful!

Excellent! Yeah, I was scanning this thread again (what a resource), and came across Amon Duul II. Sounds really intriguing from what little I've heard so far.

So I decided to get:

Nektar - Remember the Future
Amon Duul II - Yeti

Haven't listened to any yet.... I'm hopeful!

I bought Nektar - Remember the Future on vinyl last November, still unplayed, my record collection and best stereo system remains in
storage after an enforced downsizing of my accomodations. :'(

Amon Duul II - Yeti...

Great album, did you get the Liberty vinyl issue?

Try to find "Dance of the Lemmings" and, Only Human,
great cover art on only human. imo :)

I bought Nektar - Remember the Future on vinyl last November, still unplayed, my record collection and best stereo system remains in
storage after an enforced downsizing of my accomodations. :'(

Amon Duul II - Yeti...

Great album, did you get the Liberty vinyl issue?

Try to find "Dance of the Lemmings" and, Only Human,
great cover art on only human. imo :)

Well, as I got the MP3 versions (I know, sacrilige...), I'm not sure. It's on Revisited Record/SPV. Sounds pretty damn good, actually. A lot richer recording than I imagined it would be.

I will definitely explore those other albums. I'm really in a mood to explore lots of older prog these days. I'm feeling kind of off most metal these days.

Remember the Future is more in line with A Tab in the Ocean, so more to my tastes than the psychedelically leaning Journey to the Centre of the Eye. I will continue to explore Nektar's catalog.

Not yet mentioned (to the best of my knowledge and with help of the Search function) ....

Gypsy (esp "Antithesis")
Pavlov's Dog (warning: singer's voice is even more annoying than Geddy Lee's; decent music, though)

Two bands that were pretty popular in my hometown during the 70s. My dad was a huge fan of both bands...and of prog/art rock in general...so I had a pretty early intro to the genre :)

heir%20apparent%20graceful%20inheritance.bmp

Nevermind, they're from the 80's. Still, that's obviously where Mike got the name from. :)