rare prog from early 70s

NineFeetUnderground said:
both aquila and carmen were mentioned previously, both are spanish.

Aquila I haven't heard. Carmen were a British/American band who incorporated Spanish/flamenco stylings into their music. Great band, though.

I have mixed feelings about Marillion. They were the first prog band I got into right from the beginning of their career - the Market Square Heroes EP went round the proggers at my school like wildfire. I pretty much lost interest in them after Misplaced Childhood, although in the last few years I've been picking up some of the Hogarth era albums. They're OK.

Abhorsen said:
it's just that the first two anekdoten records of the nineties sounds like Red, Red, and Red, but not as good.

True, but I think they're still the best two albums they've released.

T0_-1_1390205.jpg

steve is jazziz.

I do enjoy listening to vemod by anekdoten even though they should be paying royalties to robert fripp. gravity is just in another league. what do you prefer about the first two records progthing? I was a junior in high school when Market Square Heroes was released and the progheads gobbled it up on the west coast too. At the time, 1982, progressive fans were looking for anything they could sink their teeth into. I have an occasional soft spot for Grendel. You can tell from listening to it that the band were aiming for Supper's Ready. Grendel isn't anywhere near as good for the reasons that NineFeet outlined above, but I still listen to it every now and again.

favorite weather report album??

id have to go with black market.

then tale spinnin and heavy weather.

i realize this is jazz fusion, but i didnt want to make another thread.

westknife said:
god i hate weather report

Weather report was badass. You don't have to like them, but it can't be denied they were seriously accomplished.

And for chrissakes they had Jaco! how can you hate them? Outright dissing a band of that caliber pretty much reduces any further posts from you to pretty turds...

Factorplayer said:
Weather report was badass. You don't have to like them, but it can't be denied they were seriously accomplished.

And for chrissakes they had Jaco! how can you hate them? Outright dissing a band of that caliber pretty much reduces any further posts from you to pretty turds...

nobody was "dissing" jaco, or were you not paying attention? he said he didnt like weather report.

i dont like them either. extremely overrated introduction to showboating in music for years to come.