Rate Bloodstock out of 10 ??

I'd easily give it a 10 out of 10. I've been to music festivals in the US such as ProgPower and Bravewords & Bloodyknuckles and this ranks up there just as good as any of them as far as venue, quality of bands, sound and fan support. Great festival, well run, quality of the bands was exceptionally good!

John

Underground Zine Scene fanzine
http://www.geocities.com/zinescene2

cruel humanity-8
mercury rain-3 (just isnt my thing)
dragonforce-8
saracen-4
masterplan-6
waylander-8
edguy-8
paradise lost-8
nightwish-9

5th Man Down 5/10
Power Quest 8/10
Blaze 9/10
Saxon 9/10

Masterplan 9/10
Dragonforce 8/10
Paradise Lost 9/10
Nightwish 9.5/10
Bumsnogger 6/10
Cruel Humanity 10/10 (full set would rule)

i think that's all the bands i saw...:erk:

The whole weekend just rocked!! Definitely a 10/10, and it was my first Bloodstock too!! No way in hell it'll be the last though-- I'm just waiting for the day that the tickets for '04 go on sale :headbang: When, Vince, when?!

The only real downer was that the bar ran out of alcohol. Hah! Let this be a lesson to you-- never underestimate the alcohol intake of metallers :kickass:

Taz

5th Man Down - 7
Power Quest - 7.5
Blaze - 10
Saxon - 9

Cruel Humanity - 7
Mercury Rain - 6
Dragonforce - 8
Invey - 3
Saracen - 5
Masterplan - 8
Edguy - 8
Paradise Lost - 3
Nightwish - 9

Over all 9/10 :kickass:

ill od both - 9.9999/10 fr the whoel fest (paradise lost spoiled it a bit)

5th man down - 7.5

power quest - 9.5

blaze - 10

saxon - 10

mercury rain - 6.6

dragonforce - 20

saracen - 7

masterplan - 10

edguy - 10

paradise lost - 0.000000000000000000000000001

nightwish - 9.9

Fifth Man Down - I was late so I missed these guys. - N/A

Power Quest - Great symphonic music, and Alessio's delivery kicked ass! Sometimes he was a bit over-the-top but with a band like Power Quest that's part of the fun. Power Quest (Part 1) rocks, and I can't wait for the new album! - 9

Blaze - He was great with the crowd, and he played all my favourite Blaze songs except Identity. Singing and shouting along to songs like Silicon Messiah and Ghost In The Machine ("Do you want to live forever?") was one of the highlights of the weekend. Sign Of The Cross was absolutely flawless (much as I like Blaze's style, I think he'd have ruined SOTC completely if he'd tried to "Blazify" it)! The Led Zeppelin cover left a lot to be desired, though. - 9

Saxon - Whilst I've heard great things about their live set, I've never been hugely keen on their music so I went home early (if I'd have stayed like I did on the Saturday the journey would have cost almost £10 more. Next time I'm staying in Derby or Nottingham for sure). - N/A

Mercury Rain - Missed them, I had to grab some lunch before Dragonforce's set. - N/A

Dragonforce - Their music was excellent... however I preferred the very similar Power Quest by a hair's breadth. Herman Li kicks ass, however, and Starfire was a great sing-along number. - 8

Saracen - Much as they seemed more than a little out of place with their progressive symphonic rock music or whatever you want to call it, they are now one of my favourite bands. I LOVED every song they played except maybe Jekyll And Hyde which had that silly "No, I disagree. THIS is the real me!" vocal trade-off in the middle. The only thing that let them down was a fairly lacklustre stage prescence; Steve Bettney (vocals) was the only one who looked like he was really enjoying himself most of the time. - 8 (10 for music, 6 for stage prescence)

Masterplan - I felt that Jorn didn't seem to be enjoying the music as much as he could have been (perhaps because of his flu). However, Jan the bassist almost made up for this, and for the most part the songs were absolutely flawless - a couple of differences in the vocal melodies but they may have been Jorn's deliberate improvisations. Covering The Departed was a real treat for me, it's one of my favourite Helloween songs, certainly my favourite Uli Kusch song. 8

Edguy - I was at a slight disadvantage since I've only heard one Edguy album, Mandrake. However, Tobias went out of his way to ensure that even new listeners got the most out of the show. He was in my opinion the best frontman of the weeked (only just beating Blaze, though). A top-class performance and some of the best music of the day (and that's saying a LOT). A perfect replacement for Hammerfall. - 9

Paradise Lost - I don't like their music, so their set signalled teatime for me. Speaking of which, that KFC popcorn chicken stuff rules, especially with that BBQ powder sprinkled on top! - N/A

Nightwish - A perfect end to a perfect evening. Whilst I had to miss the end again due to bus times, I loved every minute of the performance. I was proved wrong about Tarja - she was easily the equal of every male frontman I saw on the whole weekend. - 10

Probably about 6/10

That might sound like a bit low, but I will explain. I was a bit bored of power metal.

I did only go to see 3 bands...well 1 if I'm being honest and that was DragonForce.

Blaze and HammerFall were a bonus and as it turned out Edguy wiped the floor with all but Blaze.

For the bands I wanted to see it was 11/10. but for the festival as a whole (location, diversity,price,food,market and such) I would say 6 overall

Jesus guys, I'm pleasently surprised to see how many people thought Paradise Lost sucked mega ass.....we all had an awesome time watching Biomechancial n the Darwin suite!

Lesson for next time: Big isn't always better
(Invey, FULC and 5th man down also rocked the fuckin cazbah)