Rate my drum mix

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Ive a short cut from my song which is pretty much garbage until I record it again but ive mixed my drums and I think its sound alright.

The clip here isnt the fully mastered one and the snare has a bit more bite too it but due to the stupid export time ill upload this version which gives you the idea. It isnt much different tbh.

Btw, im not a drummer and have only been playing a few months so excuse the sketchyness.

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/Drum_test1.mp3

it sounds like you're hitting a crash and splash at the same time on that right cymbal...

Honestly, I dig the snare, and the kick a bit, but that's about it. The OH's are hard to tell with those fake sounding cymbals.

Yeah, I think im better using a different cymbal on that part. Ive got another which isnt as "bright" sounding its a bigger more sustained crash. I think that may work better. Had to take shit loads of fizz out of that cymbal too.

Thanks for the constructive crit man, this is what I need! :)

None, its not an acoustic kit, its a Roland kit, with samples blended in for kick and snare. So im pretty much fucked if If I need to sample cymbals :p

Ive just created a new kick since I had a bit of spare time on my hands. When I get home Ill prolly post a clip with the replaced kick see what you guys think.

Ive got some samples for cymbals and ive tried it with drumagog but its either triggering when it shouldnt or not triggering when it should. Ive ajusted the sensitivity and it just wont happen! :erk: Anybody know what to do? lol :erk:

Reeeet, ive got a short mp3 clip of what ive done so far. It features a snare with more bite, a new kick which im going to improve due to it being a tad too clicky machine gun like for me and the A crash replacement.

This clip just has 1 crash in it, its a real sampled crash and sounds much more realistic than the other one. *New one was actually recorded with a mic*. Anyway, Ive had a right faff on trying to get it to trigger properly so this is the best I could do before killing my neighbours our of sheer anger.

When I record it properly the dynamics wont be so jumpy. Anyway tell me if its any better! I think it is, I cant even listen to the other one because its so bad. It should fit in with guitars/vocals/keys etc etc over it so im showing it naked right here :p

Ive got a lovely china lined up for the main mix which sounds raw as fuck. Easier to trigger as Im not bashing it a load unlike this crash.

Panned hard right, 1 crash only.

Bon voyage!! :saint:

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/crash_test1.mp3

only playing for a couple of months ? is that your feet on the doublekick ?

Yeah, but I admit I might have missed a beat so I put that in via midi :) Its pretty much on my threshold atm, my pedals arnt exactly awesome either. Didnt want to spend a lot on some when I could spend it on guitars/amps/studio :kickass: