Noobie First Mix

It sounds like everything is lacking in the bottom end...

also the little clicky thing in the background/underneath is bugging me... I thought I was hearing that elsewhere... kept pausing the track...

What amps did you use? Micing technique? Mics?

Give us some more info on it?

Other than that.. it doesnt sound bad... better than my first, thats for sure.

I am currently listening on my girlies Logitech computer speakers (that's what you'd call "real world listening environment" ...) and it sounds ok.

Kick sounds a bit too sterile. Toms sound good and so does Snare & Hat. The cymbals are way too far in the background here (they are about 1/4 volume of the hats!!). Rhythm guitars sound nice and real, bass is good too. The lead is too piercing and sounds out of tune a couple of times, but then again the "out of tune"-effect might be the players vibrato that I personally don't like. The leads could definitely use some beef.

Synths sound ok. A bit cheesy if you ask me, but that is sound-selection and not mixing. :)

Overall a good job for a first mix! Try to think about the following sentence: if everything is bright, nothing is really bright. For the next mix you may want to identify the instruments that don't need excessive highs, like guitars, bass, kick, toms, etc. and make sure they don't sound too trebly. Therefore you can back down on the high frequencies on the instruments that are in the upper mids to high frequencies. This should give you a more balanced, less piercing mix.

Quality feedback..thanks guys!!

I will do what you guys said and repost. Just a quick question the kick drum being too sterile...do you mean it all sounds the same or should be eq'd differently??

My guitars:

Jackson SLSMG w/ crap passive EMG's - 2 tracks 5150 and 2 tracks my buddys mesa dual rectifier into mesa boogie cabinet off axis 1 sm57 (still figuring out micing)

Also these are east west choirs and gold orchestra im using as my synths. If anyone uses these how do u normally process them?