Rate my mix and/or do it yourself ;-) Alternative metal.

Abyssofdreams, i like all ypur works that i,ve heard hear, and my songs are not exception :cool:
F****g good low end ;-)
i'l relisten it now with another pair of headphones.

Just wanted to jump in and say that the music is really cool CrazyClown!

Goooooooood do I wish the days were extended from 24 hours to like...... fucking 100 hours or some shit, then I'd have time to practise mixing on this!

Sysera, i like your mixes. But i think verse guitars have to much reverv/delay, snare is too distant. And distortion guitars should be panned - 1,3 to right, 2,4 to left.
and backvocals should be back vocals :cool:

Sysera, i like your mixes. But i think verse guitars have to much reverv/delay, snare is too distant. And distortion guitars should be panned - 1,3 to right, 2,4 to left.
and backvocals should be back vocals :cool:

Good call on the snare, I've been working on trying to give my drum mixes a little more 'live' sound and a bit more of a ambient vibe. I was just listening to it again and I see what you are saying. I'll see if I can sort that out in a new mix and address the other points you mentioned too.

Thank you for sharing these tracks, really like the songs a lot and they sound great. :)

Edit: I made some changes based on your comments. There is a 2nd version of each song in the directory now.

Link to songs

I'm pretty intrigued by these tracks.. I may take a wack at these. I'm going to look around at some other things (as I'm into mixing a bit heavier) so this would be a first nu-metal(esque) mix for me. I'll definitely keep you posted if I do something :] I'm digging your mixes.. some things here and there, I'd change, but I'll have to listen to them again before I say anything. Cheers.

sorry, deleted (EDIT: deleted the instrumental, check the whole mix in the next post...)

Been working on this for a few hours. I am tonedef o_O at the moment, so maybe i'll be emberrased tomorrow.
Been replacing the kick and snare, kept the subkick. :kickass:
Done loads of eq and compressing.
Toms are badly editted, I think there is a wrong tom on one of the tomtracks.

Will be adding the vocals monday, but in the meanwhile tell me what you like and don't like about the mix.

Cheers,

Tom

Here's my mix with vocals: Step To Nothing (edit: on 16:40 new mix with less drums, better balance)

Don't know if you like the kick/snare, they are from the Tallica-kit from SSD3.0. Can easily turn this into a more natural Superior Drummer kick/snare.
Converted the kick/snare into midi with Toontrack Drumtracker, very easy.

Older mix with more low end: Step To Nothing more bass