Rate Sounds Of A Playground Fading on a scale of 1-10

Rate Sounds Of A Playground Fading on a scale of 1-10

• 1 This album sucks more than anything ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.8%

Votes: 2 9.5%

Votes: 11 52.4%

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 10 This album rules more than anything ever!

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Somewhere between 7.5 and 8...so I voted 8.

8 right now. That could probably go up in a couple months when it doesn't feel 'new' new to me anymore. The initial high has to wear off then I can even rank it among the other albums.

Gets old fast, the album doesnt even make me want to listen to it again. But I didnt expect more, to be honest, so its all good in a way.

8, in relation i rate ASOP a 5 or 6.

I could only like a few songs off of ASOP... mainly the Mirror's Truth (it's heavy live) and March to the Shore.

This one, I enjoy A New Dawn (obviously), Darker Times, Ropes, Fear is the Weakness, The Puzzle, and moderately SOAPF,Where Dead Ships Dwell, Liberation.

This album just seems more authentic and useful of their talents compared to ASOP. Kind of sad though to see all the hate towards the band due to Jesper leaving. Sure, he was the founder, but since 95 Anders and Bjorn have been there.

Gets old fast, the album doesnt even make me want to listen to it again. But I didnt expect more, to be honest, so its all good in a way.
Maybe I'm wrong but rating something 6.5 on a scale of 10 is positive. 6.5 is not finding the album boring after a few listens, that would rank as maybe 3 or 4 instead. I'd say 5 means good and above. Anything over 6 means that the albums is above average and good.

5-6/10 is something thats not bad, so yes, its definitely a positive grade.
I can listen to it from time to time. Its just that there are far better albums that came out lately that make me want to listen to them instead. I would've given the album a 5, but since I rate ASOP with 5/10, SOAPF definitely deserves a bit more. Out of 10 IF albums, the second worst one cant get more than 6/10 no matter how you spin it.

5/10 is 50%, which equates to an F as a grade. A C is average, which is 70%, so anything below a 7 means that the album is pretty much forgettable. Obviously I am equating the scale to the grading scale of America because I live here, and I don't know how it differs in any other country. I'm sure it's similar though. Just my thoughts on a 5 or 6 rating.

I dont think that the same standards apply for school-type grading and what we are doing here :)

It does very much to me. That's how I look at it when I rate anything. It makes the most sense to me. But if you do it your way, as long as you provide reasoning, which you have, then it's all good.

I'm with drawntoblack on grades. You can't use school grades here.

5 is average and forgettable, 6 and up has some quality, below 5 it is terrible. 10 should be given just for genre defining albums.

In school you need to know 50 or 55% of the stuff just to get positive grade.

If we rated it based on school percents, we should use 5-10 (or 50% - 100%)

As this one has good productions, good instrumental and vocal work, good songs, some originality (although not that much) it should get somewhere between 7-8 IMO. Nothing spectacular, but above average.

I'm with drawntoblack on grades. You can't use school grades here.

5 is average and forgettable, 6 and up has some quality, below 5 it is terrible. 10 should be given just for genre defining albums.

In school you need to know 50 or 55% of the stuff just to get positive grade.

If we rated it based on school percents, we should use 5-10 (or 50% - 100%)

As this one has good productions, good instrumental and vocal work, good songs, some originality (although not that much) it should get somewhere between 7-8 IMO. Nothing spectacular, but above average.

It seems that you are using school grades to rate the music here. You say 5 is average, and above a 5 is positive, and in school you need to know at least 50% to get a positive grade. It seems like you are using a school grade structure to me. The only difference with what you said and what I said, it seems, is that in the U.S. we need at least 60% knowledge to get a positive grade, so anything above a 6 would be positive.

Maybe I didn't write down my thoughts properly.

If we were using school grades, 5 would be barely acceptable.

But in scale 1-10, 5 is average.

In "school grade" scale 7 is average.

But, it really doesn't matter. :D

We're starting to talk nonsense... Time for IF to shoot another video, or for Anders to give another weird interview.