Rate the song above you

8/10 - I've never been too fond of Dave Mustaine's voice, but he does (or did) know how to put together some nice riffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Very interesting. Just because of that, I give it 10/10. :)

7/10 - I'm generally a fan of Maiden's last 4 albums, though listening to this reminds me of all of the problems I had with Dance of Death, namely the horrid mix and the tendency to repeat lines a few too many times (which happens on all of Maiden's recent albums). It's still a good song though, and also reminds of how good a drummer Nicko McBrain is. He isn't a soft hitting drummer yet I'm sure there is a certain lightness to the way he plays which adds to what he does.

Pretty good song that! 7/10

I just had to pick a Judas Priest song after witnessing their insanely awesome performance last night! Here's a something a bit different from their back catalogue.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSbocsvpHU0&feature=fvst[/ame]

10/10

Love that song although its not from the best Priest album

Came across this when looking up Marco Minnemann a little while back and then again when looking up Paul Gilbert

8/10 - Don't think it's one of their best, but it's still a great song!

Going for a Queensryche song this time. Felt they were pretty damn good as Main Support for Judas Priest on Sunday night and this is the song that I think came across best live.

9/10 - one of my fave of Ryche's repertoire

Hailing from our country, the Philippines - a band named Fuseboxx (Prog Metal)

7/10 - Not bad. The Dream Theatre influence really shows itself with the voiceovers :lol: . Also the track only goes on for about 5 minutes, with the last 2 minutes being complete silence :confused:

Anyhoo, in honour of the total awesomeness I saw on my birthday last Saturday, another one from the Priest...

And in another break from the rules, mainly because I didn't get a chance to get my posts in before other people could:

Judas Priest - Under Blood Red Skies: 8/10 - That keyboard line along with the drumming sounds so damn cheesy, but it still manages to sound very good. I like the way the acoustic guitar section at the beginning varies on the theme from The Hellion, and I absolutely love the way Rob sings at 1:13.

Labyrinth - Sailors of Time: 8/10 - I don't like the way the slow acoustic intro segues into the main part of the song, but otherwise a very good song. I do love Rob Tyrant's voice, and the way he looks like an elf.

I've intentionally not posted in this topic for a few days to see if someone else would rate the above song and post their own, but I've got a song I'd like to post so it's too late now!

10/10 for The Sentinel. My experience of witnessing it live was also amazing and it's one of my favourite songs from Defenders of the Faith and from Priest in general too.

Here's something a bit different, quite possibly the best song about Road Rage ever?

7/10 - I'm not normally into punk but that sounded okay.

Carrying on the road rage theme...

I hope nobody minds me necrobumping this thread. I always found it a great way of discovering new music and sharing a common interest. I'll kick things off again with this offering -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUE_f95yuPg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I'm thinking "Queen - The Power Metal Musical"! :D

8/10 - For a few moments I seriously thought that they were covering an actual Queen song. Sounds good, even though I think the original was better, even though there was no original! Yes I know, I sound like I've lost my marbles...

Moving on, in honour of one we have lost (and because an actual musical legend has just died I'm blatantly breaking the rules and posting 2 songs)

Jon Lord's solos > Ritchie Blackmore's solos (not just in these songs, but all over the DP catalogue)

9/10 for both. FANTASTIC songs, especially Highway Star, an all-time rock classic that is unfortunately overshadowed by Smoke On The Water, in my opinion... Highway Star is one of the best rock songs of all time.

I can't remember if I've posted this in the thread or not, pardon if I have... but here's an interesting one, a power metal band from Italy called Pathosray. The vocals are my favorite part, when they come in they just kick you in the teeth!

They sounded quite prog, do they have more power metal songs? All the same, not bad quite like those vocals and the keyboards. 8/10

First song I heard from this band, their album 'Judas' is one of the better purchases I've made this year, such an epic album.

Not too sure about the vocals but a very catchy song, I'd give it 7/10 based on one listen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I346Nw_m7i8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

My new favourite band. I urge you to check out all 30 minutes of The Great Escape if you are into proggy epicness!

8/10 - Enjoyed it. Sounds strangely Dragonland-y in places. I actually saw this band once supporting Awake.

And a quick note about the Wisdom song, I liked it, but when I hear the chorus I think "Nowhere to hide in the city of lies..."